A few ideas and Q's for my guerrilla grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by noobman, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Well in growing guerrilla in aus I'm off to a late start the spot gets good sun and is near an OK water source as the soil here is crap ill have to grow in pots or since there hard to find pots not created from concrete (i don't want to lug 12 pots through bush) I'm thinking of growing in garbage bags the kind with the top string u can use to close has anyone tried this and got any tips on it?
    Also when can u start telling sex on plants i have 1 about 40 Cm tall now which had what i thought looked like balls but have now disappeared and been replaced with leaves but theres still a few at the top does any1 know whats going on there? and when ill be able to tell the sex for sure?
    Currently i only have that 1 bag seed plant but just over 48 hours ago i planted 11 seeds (6white rhino 5 Durban poison/skunk #1) that i ordered over from gypsy nirvana seed shop.
    Also theres at least 1 Helicopter fly over a day so is there any special precautions to take in hiding from them I'm going to get some gardening gloves next time I'm at the store and try get my finger prints off everything.
    I'm using thrive soluble ferts and seasol sprayed on the leaves at a really week strength. Can any1 recommend any soil available in aus or any better ways to hide this grow and make it work out it is my first. will probably have more questions this is all for now, thanks for any advice.

2. uhmm where do i start...

use the search button noobman, ur first grow sounds like it's going to be hectic, make it simple, and grow as many as possible. growing weed is the most frantic thing, remember that all you want to do is ensure a guranteed harvest, it's harder then u may think.

3. search my thread: dd cat pee ne1 herd.

this contains my recent 2006 guerilla grow journal, it should help.

4. thanks jonster it will be a pretty hectic grow my spots not a huge trek but is well hidden so that should make it easyer. anyone else got any advice mainly on the garbage bags as pots issue?

5. Read my thread on sexing.

6. my guerilla grow was right beside an airport!!! i could see the planes fly by every 10 mins. they couldn't see the grow aviously though.

dont use stupid garbage bags man, not resistant enough to deterieration, and in my mind wouldn't support the ORGANIC (doesn't matter what kind) soil you should be using.

grow using large 30 gallon buckets, or better yet, dig a hole in ur shitty native and fill with soil, because of the close water source you may reach the underground watertable at 3 ft or more, this will cut down watering frequency.

don't use time release fertilizer until you are experienced, the reason is because marijuana needs a different npk % during flowering, and the problem will arise when the vegetative fert doesn't completely break down when flowering commences, understand?

once aussies longest day of the year ends, the days will start to get shorter, this will trigger marijuana's flowering process, sex will then be shown if it already hasn't, males show sooner then females and physically grow sporatic.

7. My spots nowhere near as well hidden as yours jonster its about 50-100m from people places both sides hidden by thick bush. In the middle theres allot of these shrubby trees that I'm just going to beat down a bit and use to cover the pots while not taking there sun I'm going to be grow in pots then as they show sex ill kill the males and put the females in the dirt with a bag of potting mix so they can get some good unrestricted growth before flower. The 21st of December is the longest day so they will get about a month and a week maybe to veg but all through flowering it will be summer so they should be able to stretch quite a bit. 30 gallon pots thats huge around 100 liters i have a couple of 6 gallon pots that I'm hoping will see them through till showing sex before i put in the dirt i don't feel like wasting time and money on males. I'm on a tight budget thats why I'm going outdoor. Ill get some pics of my suspect male and put them in here although I'm pretty sure its a he alot of new growth is happening so i don't want to cut him/her over baby leaves.

8. good luck, i think you'll do fine, but problems will arise, prepare to engage in combat.

once you've grown a female plant with lots of bud sites in vegetation, there's no gurantee that it will produce massive buds, take no easy street, act as though flowering is even more important, because it is, fertilize with 10-30-15 as recommended and flush with water 2 weeks before harvest for a cool clean crisp smoke.

9. Harvest is a long way off dont want to get my hopes up i dont need massive buds im hopeing for 5 females at least im not a heavy smoker just enough to get myself through till the next years harvest i want to distance myself from dealers as best i can. Thx for all the help. Ill try start a journal i have about 4 sprouts right now had a nice hot weekend perfect for germing.