a few extra hours of dark - problem?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by teledingo, May 19, 2006.

1. so my plants are about three weeks into flowering and things are going as well as can be hoped (two happy healthy budding females)... I do have one problem this weekend and was hoping to get some advice from more experienced growers...

My plants are getting light from 8AM-8PM...

but I will have houseguests this weekend and will need to go from stealth to superstealth...

the result is that I will probably need to shut everything down at about 6PM, plunging my girls into darkness two hours earlier than usual (and for two hours longer than usual until 8AM.... )

I'll probably have to do this Saturday and Sunday before going back to normal on Monday...

any advice on the best way to handle this?

thanks all,
    TD

2. no problem. as long as their dark period is a MINIMUM of 12 hours, you are fine.

3. excellent.

So going back to 12-12 on Monday after two days of 10-14 or 9-15 (light-dark) wouldnt play with their little plant minds in any bad ways?

4. Not at all. Actually, some people even put their plant into a 6/18 dark to light cycle by the end of their flowering period. The plant produces bud at night, so you can gradually decrease the amount of light every week or so however you please..

5. hiya LilKubbs - thanks for your post -

I understand what youre saying - increasing dark periods at the end to increase bud production -

but just to be clear - after I have a few days of increased darkness due to the houseguests, moving the plant *back* to decreased darkness, back to 12-12, wont shock or bother or confuse the plant at all?

its not the shift into more dark that concerns me, its the move back to 12-12....

6. take this with a grain of salt, as im not really an expert grower, and ive never grown before, but i believe your plants should be fine. ive heard of people changing light cycles early in veg to "sex" them, to see if their worth keeping and then switching back to veg light cycle.... so if its only for 2 days, i think you'll be fine.

7. Teledingo, to shift for two days and then back to 12/12 should be fine.

8. Thanks everyone...

This is not something I say very often, but it cant be Monday soon enough....