A few CO2 set-up questions.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by DenialTwist, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Howdy folks!

I'm currently in the process of upgrading and tweaking my grow room and I am considering adding a co2 setup. The grow room is 4ft*8ft and I will be running 3 in-line air-cooled 600W lights. The air will be drawn from outside of the grow room and vented into a chimney.

When it comes to co2 I am encountering a few thought provoking moments. Based on what I have gathered so far, co2 will increase the temperature of the room. So I need some sort of controller with a thermal sensor that will start the fans when a certain temperature is achieved and stop the co2 diffuser. When the temperature reaches it's lower limit the fans stop and the co2 diffuser is started again. And so on. What kind of products are there on the market?

Thanks for the advice.

2. co2 unit outside of the room with a tube going feeding co2 to the room

water cooled units ($300) are nice if theres a water source nearby. i use a electronic ppm monitor ($300) that turns on a piggyback plug when the ppm's go below the ideal level. i also use a $15 submersible aquarium pump in my toilet tank and a to trigger the co2 (water drains to waste in overflow tube of shitter tank after cooling) because it's a free reservoir with a stellar float valve, it uses less water than a pressurized home plumbing water line, and i can still wash my hands after i take a shit.

as for your room design, here's what i would do:

seal off the room completely, and send your air cooled lights from outside of the room (from a duct take-off if you have central heat or through a wall if you don't) out the chimmney or a pulling take-off register if you have circulating air so it heats your house. (+eco points)

either way propane burner outside the grow room is a good idea

i hope this helps.