Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

A few bong questions...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Johnny Hive X, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Yes, I searched the forums and read through some things already.

Does brand matter that much? I used to want a RooR really bad, but other people recommend Pure to me as well. I have friends that buy just so-so looking glass from local headshops and they look cheap.

I want something that looks nice and is quality made. Do I need to stick to the Pure/RooR brands?

Also, I have a few questions about different parts of a bong. I know I want ice pinchers, but someone told me to get an ashcatcher and another friend said to get a bong with at least 1 perc. What does a perc do exactly and is a perc only something INSIDE the bong itself as opposed to the ashcatcher which is an external piece?

2. Dude get what ever you want Roors are good but there not the best look arond for other shit brands like USA,Black leaf,Biohazard,Molino,ect now if you do buy a roor look on GC how to spot a fake roor ok

Ashcatcher-Just a small chamber sticking out from the bong i think it ruins the look of a cool bong but W/E it cools the smoke more and keeps your bong cleaner

A perc just cools the smoke more kinda like a second chamber INSIDE the bong but i think it ruins the look

if you want they sell ashcatchers with percs

3. brand only matters to the person who owns it. you can have a nice glass bong that is just as functional as a roor, illideplh *insert high end bong here* and still get high as hell.

that being said, pricey bongs are usually better quality glass but its not NECESSARY. i would never look at a bong and say "oh hell no i'm not hitting that its not a roor"

ice pinches are nice if you add ice but ice floating around in the water essentially does the same thing. percs break smoke up into finer bubbles, making it thicker and smoother. again nice but not necessary.

ice catchers are a wonderful addition to any bong. they keep it cleaner, and you can get percolated catchers which adds functionality to practicality.

4. Brand matters yes, but you dont have to spend nearly the money for a RooR to get a nice bong.

Brands like Pure, Purp, PHX,HVY, ZOB,Zong, MediCali,etc are all good quality Pyrex glass bongs.

Percs are the filters that run through the chamber. Perc's help to filter the smoke and cool it down through water. Most nice quality bongs will have at least one of some type, and there are many kinds.

Personaly if i was looking for a nice bong, i would get something thats glass-on-glass(all the glass fits together/ no rubber washers), and definately Pyrex.

5. not true. german roors don't have percs and they are still amazing bongs.

brand only matters to the person who owns it. people that just want to smoke don't give a shit if its a roor or some off brand glass beast.

edit - but yes glass on glass is wonderful :)

6. I have a double perc Pure made out of frosted glass and it's a beast

7. Thats true, not always percolated^. He asked about a nice quality bong tho, and yea you dont have to get a certain brand for a decent peace, i was just trying to list some surefire good pieces.

And yea personaly ive owned nice big pyrex bongs before, and the cheap little foot tall soft glass stright chamber i have been rippin for a year now works just as good. Its alittle more harsh, but thats what seems to fuck me up the best.

8. pyrex? how do i know if its pyrex?

i was definitely doing glass on glass though.

9. you should go visit your local headshop and talk to the guy about bongs. he is probably a stoner too and you can talk to him about whats good and whats not and what you want and what you don't want.

do some research and make an informed purchase.

10. No love for Soveriegnty Glass? They have some insane
    pieces

11. Do not call them bongs in a headshop though! Make sure you use the term "water pipe"!

12. we hit up our LHS for locally blown glass on glass pieces.

all our water pieces are glass on glass.

if you have a local place, look there. they blow straight tubes as well as art pieces, and are usually pretty chill and friendly places.

13. I would def recommend SG, Toro, or 2010 BC.

OP, whats your price range?