Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

A few beginner questions

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by PrincePotato, Oct 27, 2015.

1. So I am extremely new to smoking. I have shared bowls before, but never with my own piece and never packed by me. I finally have my own piece and smoked a bowl last night. I just have some really basic questions about some things I am unsure of still.

First, what can I do to not torch the bowl so much. Three of us probably had only two hits each before we torched through the pretty small amount that was packed. I know to corner the bowl, but it was just being tricky to light without putting the flame pretty close.
    Secondly, we had a small amount left over in the bowl that was black with bits of green nugs too. Is that good to save for another sesh? Feels bad just throwing it out when it is green and looks smokeable.

2. Definitely save that, bro. It's perfectly OK to come back to it later.
    It sounds like you're loading small bowls. If you want them to last longer gotta load more.

• Like Like x 1
  3. So I should save it all? Or just the greens? Also yeah, maybe I did load it a little small last time. We just didn't buy much, so I wanted to only put enough in to last. Couldn't get my friend to use the carb correctly, so he ended up not getting any clean hits so that might have also been how it got torched too.

4. Yeah. Save it all. Don't even take it out of the bowl. Just start hitting it again for the next session.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wow, didn't know that was the best way of doing things. Will definitely do this next session. Probably was just confused because I was having trouble getting good hits out of it after a while. Lots of scooby snacks were had :(

6. After you smoke more it'll season the pipe with a layer of resin that will help prevent Scooby snacks. Shouldn't take too long.

• Like Like x 1
  7. You can always stir the bowl too in order to get more even combustion and better hits.

• Like Like x 1
  8. The more I smoke the less scooby snacks. I think this problem can easily be solved :D. Thanks for the help man!

9. Also when you put the bud into your bowl take the tip of your thumb and pack the weed down so that its nice and even and isn't loosely in the bowl. That will help with torching most of your bowl. Also once you get it lit well try and keep it "rolling", this where the bowl is lit and then you immediately pass it off to the next person and they should be able to hit it without having to put a lighter to it because the weed will be cherried like a cigarette. This method sometimes takes a couple of lights but once it's lit it normally keeps going.
    Also for your scoring snacks the packing it down will help but also just don't suck go hard. It's not like trying to suck milkshake through a straw it's more like sipping tea. Hope all this helps! Happy toking my friend