a female question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by greenfingers, May 13, 2005.

1. hi ppl i was wondering if there was a way of forcing a plant 2 b female (ultra violet light, infrared light,sudden change in temprature) there must b a way 2 manipulate the plant in some way, even from a reliable seed bank some plants turn into males anyone got any ideas? odiviously i dont want 2 kill my plants but so when i say light and temp change i mean over a short period of time like 24 or 48 hrs

2. NO you cant make your plant female....

3. As tetra said there is no way to turn ur plants female but there are a few places that sell feminized seeds...even then they have a pretty good rate but you do get hermie's...other than that I've heard of two things that "help" though they aren't proven the Blue spectrum of light during the begining of the plants life as well as the use of folic acid in minor dose...again none of this is proven just hear say but if you wanna carry out a test be my guest!

4. would be nice wouldnt it?:)

5. thx ppl the folic acid is a good idea i will try and the change in light at the early stage i will try on my next crop 2 late 2 try em now (everything can be manipulated ;o) ) and again thx 4 your knowledge

fingers

6. You cant force them to be females, but you if you can keep the strees factor down. You can increase the odds.

This year I picked 6 plants out of 2 diff strains of germinated seeds
    All 6 ended up to be females. 2 indicas and 4 sativas.
    I have 1 of each in some sort of ph lockup
    But the others are kicking ass.
    Oh and 1 of my sativas is taking a while to flower (still showing signs of being a female) and is the largest.
    The others are in flower mode now.

7. only if your working with the theory that the sex of the seed is determind after the seed has opend.....what if the seeds sex is made genetically???what do you do then???

8. i am working on the theory that the sex is determind after the seed has been planted, am i wrong??? and is limited stress not good 4 the plant i.e like wind and movement strenghening the stem?

9. Nobody knows for sure how sex is determind....a bit like the Q who came first the chicken or the egg.....small amounts of stress will do no harm to your plants..

10. the egg came first, ive thought a lot about this and its the egg

11. hey .. i want some proof ...

12. The Chicken or the Egg theory can Be answered simply..THe Chickhen had to be first ,, Because the Egg has to Be sat on in order to hatch,, So the question is :How do you believe the world began ,, God or Darwin ? either way God made the Chickhen first or it became a chickhen for a single celled oraganism..(Darwin) ..But as far as Pot and female plants ,,
    There are certain things that can be done in the first 4 weeks after the seed has started.. to promote more females
    High Nitorgen Levels,promotes females.
    Temps in the 70's will promote more Females..
    Your light Cycle 14/10 in the first stages,will promote more females..
    Any enviromental stress will promote more males..
    High temps.. To much wind, Light Cycles, Ph levels...

13. THE COCK CAME FIRST....LOL..

you are working on the theory that the sex of the plant is made after the plants has opend...

dont you get what i seid...

14. Absloutely >Bro.. I was just explaining in a bit more detail .. No harm intended

15. eggs have been around a lot longer than chickens ever were (things were laying eggs long b4 they had feathers and wings - not only birds lay eggs) a stoners explanation