Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

A dub of dro...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by downdowndown, Jun 15, 2009.

1. My friends and their slang always confuse me. . .
    I understand that a dub is supposed to be 20 bucks worth of product but he was using it as a weight measurement.

The other day, my boy said he picked up a dub of dro -probably not dro, but pretty dank stuff regardless- the bag probably had a good 4-5 grams of the stuff, and he paid 60 for it. reasonable price.

So I'm thinking when he said "dub" he meant the amount you'd usually get in a dub of mids.
    I've never heard this before, confused the hell out of me, is this kind of slang common?

2. Dub gets used for 1/8th alot, since thats usually what you get for $20. So a dub of mids would be $20, a dub of whatever you got was $60. Usually it's just universal for "20," but it gets used for 1/8th too.

3. As far as my experience with the word dub, no part of how he was using makes sense

4. dub here just means 20 sack, usually good bud because mids go for 25 a quarter ounce,

5. I've never understood the term. I mean, I know what it means, but its never used right, nor does it make any sense.

If I want to buy 20 dollars worth of bud, I'll say either "sell me a half" or "sell me a gram" depending on if I'm buying dank or not. Never understood why people use the price as a measurement for an amount of bud.

6. Alrighty. Your friend used it in the wrong way.
    Dub isn't a measurement of weed. It's a $20 sack.
    BUT if he was talking about it the way my friends do, he was referring to 1/8 of weed. (which is what you usually get for 20 bucks.)
    Theres alotta confusing with the words dime and dub, because people use them as measurements.
    You can get a DUB of some fire shit, and pay 20 bucks, and only get like a gram.