A difficult question

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by bizzletwister10, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Does God truly love all?

It must, or else it wouldn't allow evil to exist.
    But how could God love hate?
    Is it balance?
    Or is it uncomprehendable?

2. from my many years of experience there is about a 99% chance that god is a myth

3. No, see, God loves free will more than he does people's lives.

He also loves the free will of the tectonic plates to rumble and the volcanoes to erupt and the hurricanes to destroy cities than he does the lives of the people he's created.

(Either that, or God doesn't love anything because he doesn't exist)

4. #4 Tuk2, Oct 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2009

The god you envision is a myth. As if years of experience brings revelation? :rolleyes:

"God" does not have the attribute of human emotion. "He" did his job because you have the ability to sit there and ponder this question. The ability to endure. Thats it.

"it" is a force of action. Gods just a spark, the catalyst, not an intervener. I dont know about you, but I think thats the greatest thing in all the universe. :)

5. "God" is a laughable concept, as well as Christianity in general.

Surely God would be angry if his beloved creations suffered? Yet it happens all day every day across the world. Why give your beloved creations the capacity to do evil if you care about them so much? You just want to watch them roast in the eternal lake of fire for fun? Good plan, god, your beloved creations are enduring eternal torture, awesome work.

Just like the world is only 6,000 years old, that somebody lived in the whale of a stomach for 3 days without drowning or succumbing to stomach acid, that people lived 600-700 years, etc.

Complete bullshit.

6. The God you speak of to me is the yielding ever-present movement of motion. It allows and directs each and each one of us to do what we do. So when you ask, does it love all? It embraces all and has infinite compassion for all beings. The highest form of love is forgiveness, so it is said that you may be forgiven no matter how much bad shit you've done in your past.

Even it has underlying principles and rules that it has to follow by, and one of them just so happens to be balance. Balance is embraced, accepted, and allow by it.

7. The difference between love and hate is perspective. You can hate something so much you love it or love something so much you hate it.

God, for all intents and purposes, would be all perception, and probably wouldn't see a difference between love and hate.

For god there just would be.

8. it is not COMPLETE BS, whether you agree with it or not, you cannot disagree that it actually contains beneficial substance. it is all open for interpretation. as for me, i think it is all symbolic astrology.Light cannot exist without darkness.

9. If you use the bible as a moral guide to better your life, then there is of course nothing wrong with it.

If you interpret it literally and actually believe all the impossible bullshit I mentioned, it is quite BS.

I know I could never change your mind, but if you interpret the bible literally, you believe in all kinds of impossible bullshit.

Your god created pain and suffering for a reason. Good one, god, you must really love them. Create your "beloved" humans, then send a huge portion to burn up for eternity in constant, unimaginable pain. We can tell you really do love them.

10. Dude, God might exist. Anyone on here that says with certainty that he doesn't, is making the same type of philosophical ascertion they claim to be arguing against. That is, one of certainty without consequential or adequate evidence.

At least, thats my opinon ;)

11. You can say its BS if you want but I know better.

I have a KJV, a book on world history and the advantage of a twenty-first century perspective. I can see that the Bible has foretold the future with amazing accuracy.

In Daniel chapters 2 and 7, the Bible foretold the history of the world as beasts representing of four kingdoms or governments: Babylon, Media/Persia, Greece, and Rome.

Seven times the Bible predicted a 1260 year period of papal supremacy and from 538 AD to 1798 AD the papacy reigned but in 1798 Louis Alexandre Berthier, a general of Napoleon took Rome and the Pope died in exile. Yet the beast returned again 1799. The beast's deadly wound was healed as foretold in Rev 13, and the whole world followed the beast.

Around that time another beast came up out of the Earth who had two horns like a lamb and speaks as a dragon. This second beast had no crowns but had lots of power which it gives to the first beast whose deadly wound was healed. :smoking:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. You know, that sounds like a whole bunch of kooky bullshit. Knowing your posts, though, it's actually quite tame.

I'll be vigilant for the global illuminati and the satanic media attempting to brainwash me every hour :rolleyes:

13. We love him, because he first loved us.
    1Jo 4:19

For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
    1Jo 3:11

Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
    1Jo 4:10

Now Jesus loved Martha, and her sister, and Lazarus.
    Jhn 11:5

Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved.
    Jhn 13:23

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
    Rev 3:19

14. I recommend you do that. [​IMG]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PySvfoIWVeg]YouTube - Sunday Law is COMING - America And Rome Relation Part 3 of 4[/ame]

15. "That which is claimed without evidense, I can dismiss without evidence" - Christopher Hitchens (from memory, so it might be worded slightly different)

Anything might exist. Santa Claus might exist. Unicorns might exist too. Not to mention fairies, trolls and elfs.

But I am pretty sure they do not. One thing is that there is no evidence for Santa, unicorns, fairies, trolls and elfs, more important is that there is nothing in nature to even suggest that such entities is even plausible.

So it is with gods. Many have been, and are now long gone. Some such notions exist still though, but like their extinct predecessors, they have the same roots, human imagination.

As opposed to verifiable evidense.

So until the believers can agree on a definition of a deity, and at least provide plausability for its existence, preferably hard evidense, I don't feel any need to pander to religious delusions and will happily dismiss all the mental gymnastics they use to justify their belief in an imaginary friend. :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STlYN5KCiWg&feature=player_profilepage"]YouTube - The arrogance of clergy[/ame]

16. LOL, maxrule, you are never short on paranoid bullshit links :wave:

You can quote your loving god verses all day, he still condemned a huge portion of his "beloved creations" to eternal torture in a lake of fire. Gave them choice, introduced Satan, no matter how you spin it, he still puts legions of his "beloved creations" to everlasting torture in a lake of fire.

What a kind and merciful god :rolleyes: Yes let's praise him and tithe him 10% of our total income to his church, to be misappropriated by some dumbshit pastor or priest with a gas guzzling Hummer.

Idiocy at it's finest. Keep throwing your money at them though, sheep, I'll keep watching my illuminati'd government and get brainwashed by the satanic media :confused:

If only you knew how stupid you look :smoking:

17. Watch your tongues, God is a powerful idea to invest in.

18. God is a very powerful idea to invest in.

19. Wow! You found 6 whole bible verses that have the word love in them. Congrats???

20. funny how the bible also describes the "verpichi-..i mean "mark of the beast" in extream detail.

exit the matrix people..