A Different Question About Sexing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by popesmokesdope, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Hey so I'm gonna keep this simple. Got 4 plants from a buddy that are all female, then the next day got 4 smaller clones from another buddy that the sex are unknown. So based on basic laws of nature and knowing how crazy plants are, will the four new clones become male to compensate for the other 4 females? For reproduction and shit?

2. #2 TheAnswer121, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2014
    no. plants grown from seed are 50/50 every time.

clones of a female plant will always be female ;)

the only way a clone would be male, is if it was taken from a male plant :bongin:

3. I am aware that the female clones will stay female. So will a clone be the same sex as its parent even if it wasn't showing when the clone was taken or is it a separate 50/50 chance?

4. Now the Clone will not automatically be male because you have females around lol. If the sex was male from the plant the clones were cut from then the clones are male. And vise versa

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #5 GoldGrower, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014

Sex was determined by the pollen grain that came from the plant's father and pollinated the plant's mother before the seed even existed. So all seed's sex are predetermined. Take any clone from any plant and it will not only be the same sex as the donor plant, it's the same plant as the donor plant