A dicussion of the number 13

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by PassTheGrass, Aug 29, 2012.

1. If you find 13 shows up again and again in your life, but not in a bad way, but not in a good way, I'd like you to tell me your experiences and hopefully this will be a full discussion.

Simply put, my experiences, 13 is the number of life. And that's why people are scared of it, cause life is scary.

And go :)

2. you know whats even weirder?? 24. weirdest number ever

3. 13 looks like a B. true story

4. I always see the number 69 everywhere. But thats probably just because I'm really immature and take special notice when ever I see it.

5. 31,041,134 is the evilest number there is.

6. Its all about 420.

7. Triskaidekaphobia

best phobia to say

8. This is the best:

Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia – fear of long words

9. the difference, mine is a real phobia lol

10. If you look for a number you will find that number in everything, everything will round up and appear to be clear. pick a number, believe in it and look for it.

Watch a movie called Pi

11. 13... that's one year before 14.

14 plus 13 is 27.

I'm 21. half of 13 minus one is six. Six plus 21 is 27.

Am I 13? :eek:

12. i used to see 911 everywhere.. like when i looked at the time it would be 911..

13. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU1ECqM4IYk]spongebob 25 - YouTube[/ame]

In all seriousness though I never got the stigma associated with 13 because I was born on the 13th. I've had 2 birthdays on Friday the 13th, last when I was 16. Only unlucky thing that happened was some hot girl knocked over her drink while laughing and it spilled all on my lap. She found out it was my birthday and there was nothing unlucky about what happened after that.

And this is the 13th reply to this thread...

14. #15 Philosiraptor, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2012
    So if it's the number of life why did they skip the 13th floor in old buildings?

Its considered unlucky because the Knights Templar were dissolved on Friday the 13th

For me its the number of rebellion

sources: recovering numerologist

15. [quote name='"TinManThaBoyBoy"']i used to see 911 everywhere.. like when i looked at the time it would be 911..[/quote]

I still see 911 everywhere, especially on the clock.

16. Not really man. 13 pops up way more times then not. It's not a thing about looking for it, it's about noticing it. And because so many people try to ignore its presence, it becomes more and more important.

17. 13 has been good to me.

18. me too man. life is good to me :)

19. It's funny, for my 13th birthday I got one of those custom nba jerseys from eastbay. A blue 76ers jersey with my name and the #13. I wore it, washed it, then the letters fell off. Sent it back, and the same exact thing happened with the new one. But third times the charm right? No......no it isn't. Sent it back, got a new one, same fuckin thing. Then my mom got tired of it and sent it back and made em give us a refund.

Come to think of it, I have a lot of bad experience with the number 13