A dedication to the hard working man..

Discussion in 'General' started by Still Smokin, Aug 26, 2007.

1. You you know who you are. Doings things with your hands that most men cant.

Wearing steel hats or steel toed shoes. Painting. Hammering. Plumbing. Working your

ass off 9-5 everyday no matter what it is that you do. Getting really good at it but

barely getting by? Blood..sweat..and tears... 9-5. Hard working men.. we've got it all

on the line. Come friday night, we party hard; Smoking.. drinking.. rollin.. trippin..

whatever it is that we damn well please. We live in a fucked up society..one that

prides itself on capitalizing on peoples emotions, weaknesses, promises, blood and

sweat. Anyways.. this thread is dedicated to all the hard working men/women

out there. Those of us who have done, or are doing on a daily basis, the dirty jobs and

hard work that keep this country running. Honestly, IMO, there is nothing more

gratifying than doing hard labor and working with my hands. I love it. I know guys

with MBAs that work for Fortune 500 companies and cant even properly put up a

picture frame in their room or instal a door, paint a wall, hammer a nail...I laugh.

These thoughts just came right off the top of my head so im sorry if it doesnt flow

well.

"The pride of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand." - Vince Lombardi

Keep your heads up. Keep working hard. Be thankful for the things you have cause you've worked your ass off for them. Give yourself a pat on the back. You and I may not be the fittest but we sure as hell have survived. Dont EVER let someone tell you what you should be doing with your life. Live the life you love.

This thread is dedicated to you.. the hard working man/women. :smoke:

2. This BUDS for you!

A blue collar doesn't mean a red neck.

10 years of truckin' and still movin'.

3. Thanks, glad to know someone cares for the working man. Proving that there are other ways to get calouses besides holding the joint for to long.

4. w00t! I couldn't imagine doing anything else. The thought of sitting behind a desk for the rest of my life makes me cringe.

Welder here, work 6:00 to 4:30 five days a week or somtimes 12s which are 6:00 to 6:30 with four hours OT. The work is hard but the pay is good up here in oil-rich alberta.

Also doing blades off hot welds is awsome. :D

Peace
    Dannk!...:smoking:

5. meh, work is work whether you're using your mind or your hands. the specialization of skills is what makes civilization function. The analytical thinker conceives new things to build, the craftsman makes those devices and the creative thinker makes things for all to enjoy during recreation. they're all equal and interlocking.

hooray to all workers! :hello:

6. hell yeah, bro. Im here workin my ass off on 3rd shift (10pm-6am) just to make a living.

All while most of my friends are shipping off to college. At least i know ill have the last laugh when someday they go nuts sitting behind a desk and just loose it. Come in the next day and blast away a few co-workers. Then ill read about it and laugh while sipping my coffee, late at night, workin my hands to the bone.

7. Well im going to college to be a millwright. In 2 years time i'll be a real workin man.

:hello:eric:hello:

8. of course I gotta add a naughty truth to what still smokin said:

the best lovers are the ones that know how to use their hands.

And tounges..... oh my!

Awesome post dude, + rep.

9. Hell yea- manufacturing engineer here, I get to do all sorts of fun things with machines.

Before that I was a press brake operator- and all this next month I will be able to get some overtime on the brakes because of how much work we have.

I'm normally salary- but they are also going to give me an additional check for this overtime.

And let me tell you- this overtime couldn't have come at a better time. I start school next month- and I need to come up with $2,000 of my own cash before the reimbursment program at work kicks in.

So all this month I am working 13 hour days- 7:00am to 8:00pm- all to get back into school.

Hardwork pays off though- atleast thats what I have come to find.

10. you're a laborer, that's what happens when you don't have an education. I quit working at Fed Ex last week and am looking into getting a loan to go back to school. I never want to be lifting boxes for the rest of my life. I would be more likely to shoot myself doing that then sitting behind a desk doing something creative.

11. That is such an illogical generalization. Many laborers have an education and many jobs that require hard labor also require a certification or a strong education. Also, I have a bachelors degree from a very well known university so I resent that statemment. I am currently doing dirty jobs and working my ass off 50 hours a week to save up some money before I begin officer candidate school in the coast guard/navy/air force (not sure which one I'll be attending). You need a minimum of a bachelors degree to even be considered for OCS. I work dirty jobs right now cause it is gratifying to me to work hard and get dirty; fuck putting on a business suit and doing routine office work bullshit day in and day out. It is not what I will be doing for the rest of my life but it is what im doing right now and I've done this type of work since middle school. Dont be disrespectful to all those who work their ass off doing jobs that you might not consider worthwhile..

12. Sorry but you can work a desk job or be a CEO and still be in prime physical condition.

What the fuck, just because you have physically-demanding job doesn't make you any tougher.

13. no need to be insulted, it really isn't my true point of view, I just watched real genius and it is a quote from an uptight scientist professor to the construction workers working on his house, so I thought someone might catch the reference, guess not. I felt great for about 3 weeks doing some of the hardest work I had ever done in my life, but I think too much, and I realized I was miserable doing the same monotonous slave labor work every day. It's not for me, and that's all I really meant to say. I respect all those who work their ass off because I don't consider myself a pussy in any way, but man, that shit was fucking rough so you definitely are more of a man than me if you can handle that monkey work that would surely drive me insane, even if it was temporary.

14. who said it does? this thread is an appreciation to all those who work their asses off. did you not catch that?

Where did I imply that working a desk job makes you out of shape??

oh.. and Richardmanhammer ^^ With your comment above.. your words sound as if you mean no disrespect until you get to the parts where you say "monkey work" and "slave labor". c'mon dude...whatever though. im NOT gunna go tit-for-tat here and end up getting this thread closed.

this thread is meant to be a dedication to all those people out there who work their asses off, no matter what it is that you do; as I already stated. thats it.

15. Well, I reckon this thread blew the lid off the lazy stoner stereotype. It appears we're every bit as caught up in the same zeitgeist everyone else is. That's the American dream right; to work for life... ?