A decision I need to make....

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by On a Cloud, Jun 19, 2008.

1. I am wondering since I am hopping into the grow scene (not just for weed), I should ask this question as far as a grow style.

I have been very interested in the Hydroponics hobbies that can be made from maintaining and taking care of the plants and getting a quicker result. But I am not pro at this and dont want to take on too much. I am fine with nutrients and all of that, I have a good understanding as to how that all works but am caught between a decision.

I am kind of wanting to start with an Auto-Pot system since they are gravity fed and in theory have less that could go wrong with them, but Im not sure if it is even worth wasting my time or money on an Auto system because with everything, "You get what you pay for".

I just cant decide, and for a Hydro system I was going to build a Bubbler Bucket system (from Rumples sticky)....

Let me know your thoughts because I am torn between both and want to start off right.

Thanks for any replies and sorry if this is a repost, I couldnt find another thread like this. :smoke:

2. hydro grows faster then soil but is way more maintenance
    imo theres nothing ez'er then pouring water on dirt lool

3. Bubble buckets - check out rumple's sticky like you mentioned. It is dead simple to make and it is practically maintenance free. You fill it up, it runs, check PH and add some water every once in a while. Use the lucas formula for feeding (maybe add an enhancer or 2) and life will be even easier. Good luck.

4. Yeah Ill probably just build one of those sooner than later, but whats up with these auto pots?? Anyone like them?? I like the fact they are gravity fed and less mechanical drama... But I am looking forward to building a bubble bucket.