A day in the life

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by vatoloco, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Last night I bought a couple Os to break into quarters for $50 a piece. I'll get some cash for tonight and have enough to get high on my own supply and smoke my friends out. I'm taking a couple lady friends to the Erykah Badu concert tonight. We're gonna have a good time. I'll give you the 4-1-1 when I get home, and who knows when that'll be...

Attached Files:

2. Attached Files:

3. Forget about the cloud.

The first band was alright, but the lead singer asked everyone not to smoke...and then everyone started clapping. So what did we do? Drank. One of the girls I was with is under 21 so we had to sneak her drinks. Over the course of the night I had 3 Rum n Cokes 1 Long Island Iced Tea and a Bud Light. By the time Erykah came on stage I was feeling pretty good, and we were right in front! She had a huge fro and these pink glittery heels that were at least 8 inches. I'm not sure if her hair was a wig since she cut off all her dreads about a year and a half ago.
    The highlight of my night was when my friend was holding her cell phone up to the stage and Erykah stops in the middle of the song Tyrone and says, "Now I let you record me for 20 minutes and I'm not about to let it be 30." I couldn't believe it, it was too funny. Then she explained to the audience that this girl has some digital cell phone and is trying to bootleg. Then she said, "You know what you can do with that phone though, I think ya need to call Tyrone," and went back into the song. I guess she was paranoid since her new cd isn't out yet or somethin. You know what I forgot to bring though. My digital camera! I was so pissed at myself.
    But anyways the concert was one of the best I've seen. Erykah said, "Alright yall we gotta get outta here I'm outta tea." Then she played a couple more songs before their set was over. It was well worth the $40 a ticket.

4. what kinda band is that., never heard of'em. Yeah i miss going to concerts we don't get many here in alaska, the last one i saw was tool in oct/sep or somethin. My friend snuck in a digital camera , amazingly he didn't get caught, but unfortunalty the video turned out less than mediocre. I snuck in a disposeable camera nonflash, grrr , needless to say the pictures turned out shitty. I gotta remind myself 'next time bring a flash kind.

5. Her music is hard to explain. She's one of a kind.

I forgot to mention that Andre from Outkast has a kid with Erykah and the song Miss Jackson is about Erykah's mom lol. It's hard to believe a baby came outta that skinny lil frame of hers.

Cool avatar dood, I got all the Transformers on video. Transformers...robots in disguise.

6. lol kewl thnx.,

do u really got all/most the episodes on tape? i would enjoy that. I know they got the first (maybe sec also) season on dvd or somethin.

where'd u get your avatar? its sweet.,took me a lil bit to notice the leaf, i must be goin blind

7. I love Erykah Badu. It sounds like you had a cool night. She's definitely one of a kind, you are so right about that. Good story about the phone!

8. In this local newspaper I got the next day they described her as "Neo Soul" which I think is a decent description of her style.
    I didn't have a problem with the no smoking thing since I quit the cancer sticks. Anyways, if someone lit one up they would get stared down til they put it out lol.

Yes! I finally got it blinking and Yes! there's a weed leaf in the middle.

9. I thought Zia was nuts. Sorry, ZIA!!!! :) I didn't see the leaf at all until you said it was there. COOL!!!!

10. Erylah badu..... hmm not a fan myself but good music. nice voice :) hmmm about the filming of concerts, I don't know why they're so strict about it? I mean you can't get a good sound without putting the cabels to the mixing board, and if you get a decent concert taping and decide to sell it then what bad does it do to the artist? I mean the people who are willing to buy stuff with such low quality are propably goin to buy the offical tapes too.