a cure for root rot?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by SmokeIfUGottem, Apr 12, 2006.

1. hey everyone i posted this in my journal but i thought it should have its own thread. i am doing dwc and like most, i ran into some root rot problems. so i took a spray bottle and mixed water, hydrogen peroxide, and something that fight against algea (for fish tanks, make sure it is plant safe). anyway i sprayed it directly onto my roots 3 times a day for the last 3 days and no more root rot.

here is the mix
    5 ml of 3% hydrogen peroxide
    .5 ml of algea destroyer
    1 liter of water

good luck. hope it helps some of you

2. Good idea SmokeIfUGottem:D I'm sure it well help alot of pepole:D

There are a few other ways to use hydrogen peroxide to fight algea and root rot I like to add about 4 tbl of hydrogen peroxide to my 5 gall bucket and just let it sit with the roots in the water\peroxide mix for about 5 to 6 hours or untill the rots are looking heathy again if you let the rots sock for to long not much damge is done some leaves will look alittle burned but thats it unless u let it set for somthing like 12 hours I'm sure your plant would be hurt bad.....

One more bit of advice is that alot of these problems can be provented if the tub or bucket that is used is light tight even little things like light geting in from cracks in the grow rocks or what ever is being used to hold up the plant or the clear air tubing can be a problem also:D

Peace