A cry for light within a world of darkness

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by pickledpie, Jul 4, 2013.

1. I haven't really been following much of what's been going on here for the past few days because I've been very busy, and also I've reached a point in my own evolution where "being right" is rather inconsequential. You might be right, or you might be wrong, in the end you're just trying to convince another person that you're right, whilst they are wrong. 

I've devoted myself to esoteric sciences and have also been enraptured by the study of basically all sciences, but what coincides the most with my esoteric studies is the psychology of Man and how he consciously interacts with the world. I've realized what the Ego is, and I've also realized the divine aspect in Humans, of which there is no doubt exists.

I've seen the workings of the Lives of Men, and seen it blighted by the mechanical unconscious submission to Ego. We've been captured in the net of our culture, which pulls us along a current that has never truly existed. There is no force compelling us on this path of insatiable baseness, other than our own ignorance of it.

We devote ourselves to the ideologies of others, whilst not being given a chance to develop and understanding of our own ideas. We do not Know Ourselves.

If you took the time to meditate and consciously evaluate your life and your actions on a daily basis, you will eventually enter the path that leads to Godhood, the path of Perfection, to Temper the Body, Mind and Soul. To Ascend beyond the Baser aspects of our existence which suck at our feet like the most insidious mud. A quagmire that sets us at odds against reason itself.

We are left stooped low, scouring the foul corruption at our feet, consuming the rancid scum in hopes it would sustain us, unable to comprehend our own ignorance, unable to know that there is better. For we say "I know not best, there is someone yet that knows better than I, and if that is the case, the Whole must share in the highest common denominator and thus I should follow the lead of the rest of humanity."

Unbeknownst to the common man, humanity as a whole is following the leadership of those unfit to lead. We follow the lead of  Power, believing that Power and authority must be right. We create a system for ourselves that sets man against man. Brother against brother.

DISCARD FOOLISH IGNORANCE AND SEE WITH EYES ALIGHT WITH THE FLAME OF VIRTUE AND RIGHTEOUSNESS.

BREAK FREE FROM THE FETTERS OF MEAGER COMPLACENCY AND LISTEN TO YOUR HEART.

LIVE WITH LOVE, TRUTH, COMPASSION AND FAITH, EVER DEVOTED TO THE ONE 

FREE THE CHRISTENED CONSCIOUSNESS THAT LIES DORMANT WITHIN AND FORSAKE THE DARKNESS THAT ONLY SERVES TO DESTROY THE TRUTH AND DIVINITY WITHIN.

2. I hate to say it but I doubt anyone is ever going to change no matter how much we raise our vibrations or whatever, people are still going to pointlessly celebrate every upcoming holiday and are still going to act like shit, whatever these bilderbergs or whoever has planned for us just let the shit happen, nobody is changing people are still trying to go about their lives trying to act like just because nothing in their personal environment isn't going bad then they shouldn't have to worry about anything or anyone else, literally fuck the world.

People are just going to dismiss all of this shit as crazy and stoner bullshit anyways, so why do you people keep trying just let this shit happen, I just dont get why we even try seriously, it's not a joke I dont have a red nose that honks as my avatar, so why act like this is crazy I dont know.

3. You don't seem to understand the nature of our existence. This melancholy, depressed state that you've created for yourself arises from your belief in the idea that you can't do anything, that nothing will change. You don't seem to comprehend that the nature of our existence is absolutely dynamic, never to remain the same. We've been changing for millions of years.

You lack a belief that things can change because you have grown disillusioned from the world, you see the problems and are unable to see solutions for you hold to the dogma that people are too ignorant.

That is the greatest ignorance my friend. Begin by creating integrity within yourself and constantly picture your ideals and your goals. See every problem in the world as an obstacle to over come, that is how life should be lived.

Live with hope and faith, and you will conquer all in your path, but live in submission to the negative forces working in your life and you won't get anywhere.

The way you are right now, you're worthless. But on the inside you know you're not, because you understand what the world needs, you simply haven't understood how you could play a part in creating this new world.

4. We cant know ourselves because our knowlege is limited by ourselves.

As soon as we learn something about ourselves we change and there is more to learn.

The only truth is that we are ignorrant.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

You always seem to have things backwards, as do most other people, especially those in a similar position to yours.

To know ourselves is to see our limits and transcend them, it's as simple as that. People are only held back by preconceived notions, once you let everything go, you can let the truth flow freely and you can learn all that needs to be learned in respect to bettering yourself and evolving yourself.

The truth is that we are ignorant of being ignorant.

6. you're free to use the " :smoke: " emoticon, blade

7. #7 DDV, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2013
    Ignorance can be done away with if you truly wanted to. There is nothing stopping you from dispelling your own ignorance other than the ego and the lack of motivation to do so, because.. well from the point of ego its not so important. And this is caused by ignorance too, ignorance of what is causing your ignorance and what you can do about it. Ignorance about what causes you happiness and what causes you suffering.

8. #8 LittleJacob, Jul 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2013
    Just wanted to chime in and say that I love your angle and I love where you're coming from PickledPie. You're spittin that truth and speaking my language.

Continue on in your mission brother, it is people like us (all of us here who understand) who will be the force to change the world. Not held back by limiting beliefs in our powerlessness, or that the world can't change... it is people on this wavelength that will be able to help individuals uplift themselves out of ignorance and all of the greed, selfishness, hate and division that stems from ignorance of the One, and thus make this world a better place.

Even if all the corrupt governments of the world were taken away and we were all transported to a new garden-of-eden paradise, with unlimited natural food, freedom, no obligation to work or slave or anything... we erased "countries" and "tribes" and all of that... even in such a situation, suffering and conflict and strife would still eventually re-emerge. As long as people's hearts still see everything in duality, see themselves as separate and isolated from all else, see themselves as vulnerable and thus living in fear, they will fight for survival, they will join in groups in order to have safety, they will draw lines in the sand and divide/separate, they will try to take from others and look out for self before all... as long as people do not have love, peace, wisdom, compassion and harmony in their hearts, no matter the external conditions, there will be not be true peace in the world. The revolution truly does start within.

Completely true.  I realized that at a point as well, the psychological and suffering caused in this world has more to do with the mass of the people then the few corrupt who lead.  Before this world ever sees peaces and unity the people must evolve themselves or it will never happen.  Only brief moments before the darkness prevails yet again through the egos of people that enslave them.  

Love that opening paragraph of the OP, if only everyone could understand that view of being right.  Its always hard to stay in a higher state of mind always knowing what is right.. especially in a culture that can bring you down to its frequencies.  As for knowing yourself there are many who have been deep in thought and evolved greatly, not a majority compared to the mass population but many out there.  Ultimately though we are designed to never fully understand.  As I have come to learn we are not here to understand, and its ultimately a waste of time trying to completely understand.  We are here to experience, live laugh and love.  You want to shed light in the darkness you will never do so through clever words and wit, but through being your true, open, pure self.  

10. #10 DDV, Jul 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2013
    Why are we not capable of understanding our true condition? Are you saying ignorance is inescapable? If you have tried and have reaped unsatisfactory results, how does that mean that it's impossible? I think what that means is that you are simply approaching ignorance from the wrong angle. But I am interested in what methods you've tried if you would so kindly share with us all.

11. You believe you are capable of understanding all?  Please share your knowledge!  Haha yes I fully believe we were not designed to understand all there is to understand.  It is much too great and vast for humans to ever comprehend, and this isnt a bad thing at all, we simply weren't designed to know!  As almost all great philosophers have went down the rabbit hole to ultimately realize we know nothing!  And every truly wise man understands and respects this, happily.  Because we are ultimately here to share and evolve together, learn from each other, bring peace and happiness to ourselves.  To live in harmony with our true beings that understand deeper then our shallow ego thoughts and desires.  

My results are not unsatisfactory at all,  I consider myself very blessed with the knowledge and understanding I have gained.  Which I have learned through my experience in life which I've been through a great deal psychologically and physically, meditation and "spiritual awakenings" if you want to call them through unmentionables.  Which I do believe because they drastically changed the way I viewed life and people and everything in between, to a much deeper clearer understanding, awakening my self..

To come full circle back to your true being at heart is really the most powerful thing you could do to bring light into this world.  When you interact with people they will feel your energy, maybe not consciously but sub consciously they will know something is different about you.  You shed different light then others.  They feel your honesty and open walls, they will respect your vulnerability and wonder how you became to be fearless to let others in, people are not used to talking to people who have evolved higher then ego, someone who is completely in the moment seeing things as they truly are without predispositioned actions and judgmental thoughts.  Your presence will be very refreshing, and you will receive much love through the unconditional love you send to others knowing ultimately they are you and you are they.  

12. #12 DDV, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2013
    From my point of view we were never designed. In fact such a notion implies there was a beginning and there will be an end, and to think of this reality as being created rather than uncreated is simply absurd. To think we must evolve higher than what we are today is also absurd - how can we transform from apes to divine beings? Such a thing is still a notion of ego. To understand who we are, why we are, and what we are to do does not mean we must achieve a state of being higher than humans. Instead it means we are fully human rather than a human being with defilements. Defilements and especially ego does not allow us to transcend our own ignorance. Doing away with ignorance is not something a God does, nor a divine being, but a fully developed human being. A fully developed human being has the characteristic of clarity.

Ignorance of the nature of the human condition stems only from the mind. If we have a mind that is polluted with raging emotions, dualities, and ego, then quite simply we will live in darkness. We cannot even begin to comprehend what it means to be human. We become humans with deeply engrained neurosis and habitual tendencies that do not allow for new understanding.

Our mind is workable, it is very workable, more than the average person thinks. Yes, we are suffering from our own neurosis but we have the capacities to work on ourselves and understand this life of ours. If we think we cannot understand our condition we are still dwelling in the wrong view of "me" and "external world", the "me" being none other than ego trying to figure itself out. You cannot conquer ignorance with ego. Hallucinogens and especially meditation is a potent means of seeing beyond the ego but it can also become sabotaged by the ego itself, to nourish the ego that believes it is superior to the external phenomena. I am no one to judge whether you have attained realizations or not, especially over the internet, but you should know that ignorance does not have to be a part of this existence. If you think so, then you will continue to wander aimlessly in this samsaric existence like a dog chasing it's tail; ignorant of the fact that it is chasing itself and not some external thing. No wise man I have ever heard of lives in ignorance, nor are they superhumans with divine powers. They are simply humans who have developed their full potential and understand and recognize the nature of reality. It is not as complicated and magical as it sounds, it is in fact extremely ordinary.

13. OP, I am too stoned to understand your post, sorry.

14. Man all that really spoke to me and I kind of see what you're saying.

15. It's pretty ironic the amount of Ego it takes to assert that, in order to know yourself, you have to think a certain way and believe in the divine.

That's just a whole volcano of ugly insecurities spewing forth, unfettered. 

Get it together.

16. I don't think you understand what the ego is, because it takes a pretty inflated ego to come into this thread and say the stuff you just said, there was really no reason for it.

I respect your opinion because I can probably learn something from it, as you can learn something from anything, I'm sure somebody will learn something from it.

The things I said in this thread may mean different things for different people, it takes ego to suppose that your way of interpretation is best. I'm not saying I'm beyond ego, but I don't let it control my life.

Some people took something from this and others did not, your opinion is your own.

That right there is the entire point. Your whole post reeks of hard-nosed fire and brimstone theistic notions. That you know for a fact that the "divine" exists.

That's the only ego floating around in this thread.

But, according to you, I'm the one with the inflated ego because I preach doubt. Funny, that's what a lot of zealous religious people say about atheists...

18. So what if it's theistic notions? Does not being an atheist make me a heretic now?

I'm not telling anyone to believe anything. Writing can follow any form or structure to impart all types of ideas, no need to try to create conflict everywhere you go my friend.

I'm not saying anything about atheists and what i'm saying doesn't even have to be taken directly, in fact it is more metaphorical than anything.

I'm not a dogmatic theist, I get truth from everywhere. I was once a complete atheist too, completely disregard the idea of God because it didn't make sense to me, but then I discovered that God is just another definition for the universe and it's workings.

I'm just another man trying to find truth, does it matter which path I take?

More like you DECIDED God is just another definition for the universe.

There is literally no reason to twist the definition of something except to make your stance more convoluted and incite more arguments.

It's either the Universe or it's God. Calling them the same thing is just cop out status.

20. I did decide that.

But the Universe and God hold entirely different connotations. One is scientific whilst the other is spiritual, and they are two different interpretations of the same thing.

Each of them describe the same thing differently, both different realities.

I say God because it is God to me, God is everything, if that isn't your definition of God then that's not my problem and neither do I care.

My definition works for some people and doesn't work with others, that's life.