A couple simple questions, I hope...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by The Green Bastard, Dec 29, 2009.

1. 1. Do clones need to be under 24/7 light or will 18/6 work?
    2. If my soil PH is too high do I simply water with lower PH water to correct it?
    3. I just checked out my flower chamber for light leaks. No leaks but the red LED's from the power strips do throw some light. Will this affect flowering or should I black them out?

Thanks

2. #2 PrplHz, Dec 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2009

I will give my clones 24/7 light, but I do not see why 18/6 would not work
    Ya adding lower ph water will affect a change in your soils ph
    Those LED lights should not cause a prob, unless they bother you. Then I would suggest covering them with tape or whatever
    :smoke:

3. 1. Doesnt really matter on light cycle for clones.. I use 24/0 just because i dont want to micro manage little cutlings.. Its not until i put them in dirt do i start to manage veg cycle at 18/6 (others go 24/0 but i think the plants need the dark rest period)

2a. Increase PH - Add hydrated lime to acidic soil to increase the pH level. The amount of lime to add is dependent upon the size of the garden and the properties of the soil

2b. Decrease PH - Neutralizing Alkaline Soil

Add sulphur to alkaline soil. Use a combination of rock sulphur, peat moss, and wood chips for a longer-term solution

3. If you're getting any kind of light leaks, snuff it.. IMO i doubt it will hurt but I dont take the chance with ANY leaks since my first grow.. That did have a light leak.. This along with stress caused my girls to hermi..

2nd Stealth Grow - http://forum.grasscity.com/general-indoor-growing/511221-2nd-stealth-grow-cfl-150w-hps-added-2.html

Hope it helps..