a couple quick questions..

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by indecloudzua, Feb 4, 2007.

1. hey guys..i have a couple questions bout growing indoors..i've grown once outside but never inside..im thinking on either a 400w or 430w(heard the 430 combines some of the benefits from MH that true?)..how many plants can this setup hold and how many seeds should i plant knowing that not all will end up as females..im going to use some bagseed that came from some good nugg that had some stragglers before i buy some seeds online..and when i do, whats a good, quick finisher, thats good for newbies??
    thanks all!!:smoking:

2. Yo man, welcome to The City.
    The Hortilux bulb is the one HPS bulb that has MH or blue spectrum added. It also has 55,000 lumens which would be equivalent to the 430 watter. With 400 or 430 watts, expect to do no more than 6 large females. To get six, just germinate 10 to be safe. Bag seed is great for beginners. When you are ready for store bought seeds, anything in the Indica category will finish the quickest.

3. thanks bud!!i was thinkin that it would be somewhere around 4-6..now, do they make the hortilux bulb for use with a 400w hps ballast??or do you need to get a ballast especially for that bulb?

4. yeah the hortilux or similar bulbs will run in a normal HPS ballast. they have added blue spectrum light.

5. Yes the Hortilux is an HPS bulb only. I don't think they make a conversion. It will work in a regular HPS Ballast. In order to get the best of both worlds, IMHO, the best way to do it is get a 400 watt HPS ballast, w/Hortilux bulb, and get the MH conversion light bulb.