A couple of sick plants need help... w/PICS

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Mike2329, Sep 17, 2011.

1. #1 Mike2329, Sep 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2011
    Was wondering if you all could find out what is wrong with these babies...

Both are in pro-mix with a little perlite added. Under CFLs so heat is not an issue. Plenty of ventilation. Both are getting water and no nutes yet. Time to start those?

Plant 1
    Popped from soil 12 days ago. Started out fine then about 3-4 days ago starting showing the yellowing. Also found several instances of leaf mutation. the 4th pic shows what the mutation looks like. Is that a concern?

Plant 2
    Popped 10 days ago. Same soil and conditions. Slow grower and has an odd color. The leaves go from a dark glossy to lighter green color. Last two pics tried to show what it looks like. Is it sick too?

Any help is much appreciated. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. i see no pics. death to mutants (just kidding, but really, you don't want a deformed line - check online for the standard of that variety and see if it is supposed to be an oddball).

as i can't see your set up, these are my best guesses from my personal experience:

1. check that they aren't too cold. temp seriously affects babies.
    2. how far are they from the lights? cfl's don't heat up, you're right, but they lack the lumens the high powered bulbs put out, so the plants need to be much closer to the light source
    3. forget their age, same as human kids. each plant, each being, has it's own personality and time of maturity. it is up to you, the grower, to watch and know when to go to nutes. personally, I wait until there are at least two sets of true leaves before I begin any nutes.
    4. finally, most likely reason they are discolored now, is the ph of your water. tap water is higher than babies can tolerate, so you need to bring it down. get some bottled water (if you plan on relying on tap water) for their baby stage. preferably something reverse osmossified so it is the purest of the pure. A brand like Essentia RO's all their bottled water.