a couple of quick questions (newb)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by falselight, Aug 24, 2007.

1. yo dudes and dudettes. good tidings.

I'm starting up my first little project and was looking to get a few questions answered by the experts of grass city....

here we go! any and all input is appreciated. +rep for the one who offers the most insight ;)

- how much water would be considered "enough" per 5 gallon bucket filled with soil? should I water until water drains out the bottom? how many liters/gallons do you typically dump into a plant per watering (again, I'm using 5 gal. buckets)

- how far should the 400w hps be from the tops of the plants? in this particular case I have 2 6" tall clones sitting at APPROX. 4 feet below the light. should I raise the plants/lower the light?

- any ideas on a good solution to soak rockwool cubes in before planting seeds in them? and what pH should said solution be? I've got some "kush" beans that I wanna get started. should I pre-germ the seeds before plopping them in the rockwool or will simply putting the seeds in be sufficient?

- would 6 plants be too much for a 400 w hps to grow/flower or should I stick to 100w per plant?

- how soon after watering/feeding can one expect to see any results (good or bad. ie- nute burns, overwatering, bounceback from a defficiency, etc)

...that's all I can think of for now. thanks again for any and all help!

:smoking:

2. how about searching?

3. You cannot raise the plants OR lower the light; you have to lower the entire roof/ceiling system and then raise it as needed for plant growth!

Dump, and I do mean dump 20 gallons per hour of water on your plants from, say 8 feet or so, and as fast as you can; I suggest an open 5 gallon bucket.

For fertilizer, once a week just take a big dump right on your plant, it's worked wonders for me!!!!!!!

I hope this helps!!

4. thanks guy! I'll get right on it!

5. I Mean Do Some Reading And You'll Find Most Answers, Like The Rest Well, Most Of Us Have Had To Do, Then Ask.

6. I'm no expert but I think a 400w hps is good for more than 6 plants