a couple of questions...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by justme138, Dec 13, 2004.

1. High all...
    I'm going to start growing within the next 2 months and want to refresh my memory on a lot of things I used to know about growing and have long since forgotten. :confused:
    How many plants do you need to grow for your own personal use? I heard 8 is good to last you until your next crop?
    Secondly, is it true that there is a way to microwave your seeds to make them germinate quickly? If so, how do you do it?
    Thank's for your help! :wave:
    Peace,

2. NO microwave! You'll kill them...

Just get some room temp/luke warm water on a paper towel squeeze it till it's damp but not soggy then toss your seeds on in lines 2 inches apart. Roll this up neatly and stick it in a cup upside down on your monitor. This is why it's damn important to make sure it's damp but not dripping at all. Open it all up an refold it after you squeeze to make damn sure. Leave it for a day or two upside down dark an warm. You should see some pop plant them and replace the roll. Keep doing it till they wall germ for you. Once they become weak/waterlogged/mushy/ect with no sign of lil white root you can chuck them. Try for 8 by germing atleast 20. Males and hermies as well as flat out shitty genes will shrink that number fast.

3. as far as plant yeild goes, it all depends on your setup. generally speaking, a single plant will produce from 2 Oz's to a pound or more. usually when people are starting out, they hover around the lower end of that spectrum, so you should overestimate your needs if anything. Its hard to say how much you smoke, but if its fairly regularly youll need about 2 Oz's or more a month...
    give us some more info, and we all will be glad to help
    later, and happy growing

4. dude ur probleybetter of buying ur weed cause growing good weed is not as easy as everyone thinks theres alot of things u need to do to a plant to keep it healths and if u do it out door u need to watch out for the worms. did u know theres a worm that can live in side ur stem and eat away the inside of ur plant and ur plant will look normal and when u come up on harvest day when u cut it down and dry ur bud ud bud will just crumble away and u can't even smoke it dude and inside with the lights and everytihng u need to think of there it sucks but dude if u got a good set up androom do it.

5. dont talk someone out of growing man, its always a good thing

6. Exactly...we need more over growin' though.

It's not that hard...just treat it as any normal seedling an she'll reward.

Uh..and to broken English dude...maybe the way ya address people is part of the growing problem you have? Don't speak english and are having a hard time finding some 'whatever' language grow guides?

7. how many you can grow really depends on the space you have, be it indoors or out?.........indoors the ratio is generally 50% sucess rate of male to female, hence germ 8 wait till they are a big bigger and then preflower them to dispose of the males, i find i need approx 1.5'sq per plant, if you know that you have 4 females, then you can grow them till about 18" before 12/12 to increase your yield, as long as you have no height restrictions.........good luck..........Peace out.........Sid