A couple of questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Tokage567, Jul 31, 2008.

1. hey all, i've decided to start growing a few plants of the good herb in my closet. and i have a few questions.

1. I live in B.C Canada, does anybody know if its a felony to grow my own plants?

2. As far as electricity goes, who much can i expect my bill to rise? I'm planning on growing roughly 8-10 plants.

3. How much pot can i expect to get off of one plant? On average?

4. I'm growing the plants at my friends house across town, and he's out of town working 5 days a week, and i can't get down there easily because i dont have a car, and i can only get down there maybe once a week, will my plants be ok on a 24 hour lighting cycle, instead of a 12 on 12 off?

5. How bad will the smell be? Like should i clear out the closet before i put the plants in there? I dont want my clothes smelling like pot lol.

6. What are the best lights to get? Will i be ok with fluorescents or should i get something else?

7. Whats the best way to germinate my seeds?

8. I've heard that Sodium bulbs are sometimes too strong on new seedlings, is this true?

9. How do i know when my plants are ready to be harvested? i know that they mature at around 4 months, but are there any real signs i can use?

Thanks all!

2. Most of your questions are completely variable depending on different factors such as the type of lighting you decide to use, where you live, what strain your growing, how big the room/cab is, etc.

It doesn't seem like you've taken the time to try and find all the answers to your questions... so keep reading man, there's tons of grow guides stickied in this forum.

3. hey yeah sorry about all the really simple questions. I just read Germination 420 and Grandpa's Grow Guide, answered pretty much all my questions.