Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

A couple of questions

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Slip Away, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Hello everyone. I have a few questions

To start off I have been smoking for about half a year and I smoke occasionally.

My first question is if it is a better Idea to save up the kief from my grinder and just smoke that by its self, sprinkle it on top of my bud, or make edibles or hash out of it.

My second question is that I always see people use lightbulbs as vaporizers and bowls out of tin foil. Is any of this safe?

My 3rd question is that sometimes when I smoke, I barely feel any effects. As far as I know I am inhaling right, and I'm a lightweight because I smoke like every 2 weeks. And does coughing really get you higher or is that just bull. Thanks for the help everyone :smoke:

2. 1. Sprinkle it on top of your bud

2. dont use a lightbulb as a vape, bowls out of tin foil is fine (for those that say it isn't, you cook with tin foil in the oven or grill at 350-400 degrees, nothing is released and you won't get Alzheimer's)

3. Coughing does not get you higher, 90% of the THC is absorbed once you inhale since the THC diffuses across the membrane of your bronchial airway epithelial cells immediately . You coughing is just releasing CO2 and waste product from the smoke.

3. You should just smoke it by it's self. It takes away from the weed's over all effectiveness and the flavor.

Those are not the safest things, especially the tin foil bowl. You don't want to make either of those a habit since you can buy a bowl for about $5 at your local headshop.

Mm, it's either the weed, your method or something else. Try buying better quality bud or maybe a new means to an end (like a bong).

4. 1I like to save it up, and top bowls off with it. But it really depends on how much weed you're going through. Sometimes I wait until I'm out of weed, and poke pinchies of straight kief.

2No, pipes rigged with aluminum foil are not safe. Everyone's done it, and it's not going to kill you if you ever succumb to the desperation, but it is definitely harmful to your health. Light bulb vaporizers, if made correctly, aren't that bad for you. But every time i've tried to do those things, it's always more work than it's worth, and I don't get the most out of it.
    Stick to the well known basics; glass, metal, ceramic, stone and wood.

3This happened to me frequently at the beginning too. One thing that was recommended early on by a friend of mine, is after you pull the pipe off your lips, inhale deeply and hard, almost a surprised gasp. Hold that for up to 3 seconds, and surely you'll feel something.
    If not, simple, just smoke more. :smoke:

Coughing doesn't really 'increase' your high, rather than just make you feel higher and light headed due to blood rushing to your head, and high blood pressure it causes.

The first couple of responses are horse shit, don't listen.

5. Kief is great when sprinkled on a fresh bowl, it would take way too much to save up for edibles so i'd just stick with smoking it.

Lightbulbs are usually fine as long as you clean it and make it properly, although be careful what components you use, inhaling burning plastic is obviously unhealthy, and DO NOT try the tinfoil bowl, that is major unhealthy, it's better to just fork up some cash and buy a nice piece.

Coughing in itself doesn't get you higher, i wouldn't believe, instead coughing is an indication that you've taken a good hit for your level of smoking experience, i always cough my lungs out because i always take the biggest hit i can, and that is what gets you super stoned. :smoke:

6. I like to save it up, and then sprinkle that powdery goodness all across my joints or top off a fat bowl with it.

All that shit is just sketchy. I have made plenty of tinfoil bowls. I even keep like a folded up sheet in my wallet. But it is for dire emergencies. I don't like any of that stuff. It just feels crackhead-ish.

I recommend you inhale deep unto your lungs. Take a hit, and finish the last bit of it off with fresh air just to make sure its in your lungs. Coughing doesn't mean you're gonna get more high, it just usually means you took a massive fuckin rip. And that WILL make you high as fuck. So in essence, coughing can make you high as fuck