A couple of questions about ventilation/lighting in grow cabinet

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jonny27, Feb 10, 2010.

1. #1 jonny27, Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2010
    Hi guys, this will be my first grow!! I picked up a entertainment center from the salvation army, it was missing the back, so I got it for twenty dollars. I'll be putting a new back on it today, I just finished the first coat of flat white paint.(pics below) The inner dimensions are 40"long 22" deep and 44" tall. I will be growing some auto-flowering white dwarf. I was going to use 4 75cfm pc fans for intake and ventilation, is that enough? Should they be placed on the sides of the unit or on the back or top? Are there any pros or cons to venting to the attic? Fan noise isnt an issue, the cabinet will be placed in my office closet, and theres always at least two servers running so the fan noise should blend right in. Also, I picked up a 250w hps that also has its own ventilation, can i vent outside the cabinet, or is attic better? I also have ten 25 watt cfls to aid in the growing process, is that enough light for five plants? Sorry about all the questions, thanks in advance for the help!
    cheers,
    weasel

Attached Files: