A couple of newbie questions ^^

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Arnack, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Ok, tomorrow I am going to pick up 1/4 ounce of mids from my friend, and I'm going to try and grow. I live on north america, on a coastal region. They will be planted quite close to the marsh (about 20-50 feet away). Where I live the lows would reach 70-80, and highs could reach up to 100. I am planning just to go out to my grow site, stir up the ground a bit, put some good planting soil down in there, and put all my seeds 3-5 feet apart. I will have a gallon jug (bu each seedling) with a slit in it to ooze out the water slowly. Do you think that could work? ^^

Also, my other questions:

The bud that you actually smoke, is that a weed leaf all shriveled up?

Do I have to kill the males if I see them?

And when I harvest, all I do is clip off the leaves, and let them dry for a couple weeks?

Thanks,
    Arnack

2. Anyone? =(

3. The bud is bud dude not leaves it grows on he plant at the internodal and top cola(s)

Yes kill the males

Yeah

4. Hmm... so what do I do with the leaves? And what do the buds looks like. Sorry for the dumb questions.

5. You need to read the grow guides and other sticky posts at the top of this forum and the other forums here at GC (there is one just for outdoor growing, for example). You need to educate yourself more about the fundamentals. All those posts are there precisely because these forums can't be clogged with the same rudimentary questions over and over again.

Buds are flowers, that's what "buds" literally refers to. You get rid of the males because they will pollinate the females and cause seedy bud (unless you want seeds for future planting, but even then you are better off selectively pollinating some female buds by hand rather than letting the whole plant get pollinated). You trim the fan leaves at the end and can toss them or make hash or canabutter out of them.

6. why does everyone say kill the males? let them grow, not with the other females, but let them grow. then pull them when they are big stuff them into a pvc pipe and shot butane through the plants. collect the oil from the bottom of the pipe. you get some hash oil. or at least thats what ive been told, im just starting my first grow and i've never actual done what i just mentioned, but as far as i know from reliable sorces male plants aren't as useless as they seem.

7. Male plants do have THC content, low mind you.

Perfect for oil, especially if you have the shake from your female harvest to mix with them. I've produced good oil from low quality plants this way.

8. if you didn't know the bud was a bud and not just crumpled leaves, you probably shouldn't be growing.
    as for the slit, it might work. i have a few sprouts sitting in red cups with holes cut in the bottom for drainage, and those are submerged in the ground next to a creek. i havent had to water them since i planted them a week ago, but it has rained twice.

9. I knew they weren't shriveled leaves... I just "bud" meant something different than a flower bud.
    Does anyone have a picture of a bud? Do I have to pick it before the actual flower comes out or something? v_v

10. LISTEN to toasty. read grow guides. any weed you buy that is solid bud is what you will be growing but since you are buying midgrade your buds are prob flat. there are no flowers lol the buds are the flowers. READ MORE BEFORE YOU DO ANY GROWING so u know what you are doing

11. lol tlk about a noob;)

12. Search Button Saves the Day!!! Just look around some more, do some reading those answers will be easy to find. Reead things, you really can learn a lot from reading all the journals and questions on here. You'll find it :)