A Couple Grow Questions...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dublz, Oct 8, 2006.

1. (im gonna tell a lil story first so if u wanna just skip to the point go to the next paragraph)Ok, not too long ago i had my first ever, sucessful marijuana grow. I had attempted a couple times b4 and fucked it up one way or another lol. But, the third time around, i had everything i needed, good soil, a good pot, a goood little grow box all foiled up, and what i thought was enough light for vegging and flowering since i couldnt have a monster of a plant in my closet anyways. Im only 17, so i needed to make a grow box that i could tuck away on the side of my closet, in the back. It grew fine, but wasnt as bushy as i wanted. It was a lil over a foot tall, with about 11 inches of actual bud. But, the buds never got very big...it was kinda wierd actually. I got really small buds with A LOT of red hairs...and the taste was leafy. So now that i know what i need and how to do it all, im gonna go ahead and grow an actual "crop". Its going to consist of about 4-6 plants, hopefully six. Bag seeds, closet grow, in a growbox...
    -->So yea, my questions are, would 200W (compact floros) be enough for vegging (the box is about 1'X1', give or take) and would say...300W be enough for flowering to get some nice size buds? I want nice buds, like i want to get the largest yeild possible. How much light should i get to get a nice yeild? And drying/curing; How am i possitively 200% sure that the buds are definitley ready to smoke? Thanks for everyones help...peaceee

2. 200 let alone 300 watts is more then enough for a 1 squared foot growbox. The onlything you will have to worry about is getting all that heat out. Put a picture up of this box because 6 plants in that small of a space could be a problem. To get them more bushier try to LST (low stress training). If you dont already know you have to tie some of the branches down, just do a search in the forums and you'll find out how

3. oo yea ive heard about that. Hm, imstead of doin that, what about 3 or 4 plants? Idk if i want to start doing LST stuff, i might screw that up lol. You think 3, 4 tops would be good? And ill put a lil fan in there, like have it pointing out, like an exhaust. lol and i have a crazy ceiling fan, its new and if i put it on high its like a hurrican and iif i open my closet door and open the door on the grow box, the plants get a nice breeze in there, i heard that strengthens the stems and stuff. Sound good? Oh

4. oo yea ive heard about that. Hm, imstead of doin that, what about 3 or 4 plants? Idk if i want to start doing LST stuff, i might screw that up lol. You think 3, 4 tops would be good? And ill put a lil fan in there, like have it pointing out, like an exhaust. lol and i have a crazy ceiling fan, its new and if i put it on high its like a hurrican and iif i open my closet door and open the door on the grow box, the plants get a nice breeze in there, i heard that strengthens the stems and stuff. Sound good? Oh and ill post a couple pics as soon as the plants and everything are in there, the seeds are germing right now, i got em soakin in a lil bit of water...

thanx
    peace

yo im kinda high right now, and im listenin to some marley....::D thats all i gotta say...lol :hello: i <3 Bob marley

5. http://www.planetskunk.com/cannabis2335-0-asc-0.html

Any easy step by step guide to LST if your interested.

Yeah deffinetly put the fan in as an exhaust and a hole near the bottom for some air intake. Try to find some kind of draining pipes like an elbow peice so light does get in or out.

yes puting a small fan, like a computer fan blowing on the plant will toughen it up, another reason for you to try LST once you read more about it.

Yeah Bob Marley is the shit, good luck with your grow.

6. alright, im gonna go ahead and say that if you dont have your rents permission it might not be a good idea.

okay good thats outta the way, 1 foot by 1 foot??? cause good luck fitting 6 plants or even 4 in that space... a nicely lst'd plant can be a 2 foot by 2 foot deal... and having it in your closet might get you in trouble, the skunk from the flowering will make ALL of your clothes smell like reefer. so if you are goin stealth, thats not the bestest place. also 300 watts of flouros will not be enough for 4 much less 6 plants. ive got near 350 in flouros and cfls for mine and im always tryin to think about how to fit another bulb in there and ive only got 4 at the moment. it will be down to 3 by veg time if i can get my friend to take the one.

as for your last grow and why it was tall and not bushy from what i can read off it is that you had the light stationary and that the plant stretched to reach the light. with cfls and flouros keep them 2-3 inches off the top of the plant, or as close as you can without burning them.

as for hte leafy taste to your last buds, my imagination tells me that you left them on too long and thats what did that to ya.

but you are going to need exhaust for 300 watts in a real small space, you are also going to need to vent it to somewhere that the smell doesnt matter or find another way to mask the beautiful stench that i doubt you want your parents smelling.

7. HIGH All, why tell us now....you've been banned for sex months...hopefully we'll see you in April 07'.

8. They seem to give it away every time:rolleyes: post befor you smoke:D

see ya next year,and we will help out your grow....