Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

A cop question

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by iowaganjasmoker, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Alright so I was listening to cypress hill roll it up, light it up, smoke it up just about a half hour ago while taking a shower in the basement, and when I got out I heard knocking, I took a peak an it was a cop!!! His car was parked in front of my house an he was knocking on the door, after a while he left, and now I am jw, what can he do? I mean he couldn't get like a warrant just because I was playing that song could he? And also am I just being paranoid?

2. Did you smoke a bowl before you took a shower ? If so ,maybe a neighbor called the cops cause of the smell ?

Idk maybe he won't be back , what do you have ?

3. no he can not get a warrant for you listening to a song hahah. You should have answered the door, if you weren't doing anything wrong

4. You're just being paranoid. He can't do shit, "you weren't home". He has no reason for a warrant.

If you did talk to him, step outside, close the door behind you, and lock it.

5. you r being paranoid.. it more than likely had nothing to do with that.

Could be reporting a missing person or something

6. [quote name='"CaliBudE"']Did you smoke a bowl before you took a shower ? If so ,maybe a neighbor called the cops cause of the smell ?

Idk maybe he won't be back , what do you have ?[/quote]

No I actually didn't, but I got many things I don't want the cops to find. And I am kinda freakin out.

7. deep breaths man, relax
    you're just being paranoid, trust me i know the feeling

8. [quote name='"Cloudmelt"']deep breaths man, relax
    you're just being paranoid, trust me i know the feeling[/quote]

Alright I prolly am, it's just, I was home alone and I walk up thinking its prolly one of my friends and it's a cop, it really freaked me out, so he can't do anything? You guys don't think I should clean house orr anything crazy like that do you?

9. #9 heyitsmeallen, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2012
    call the police station and say a neighbor told you a police officer came knocking today when you werent home and see if they know why. unless your in a huge city.. then they would have no idea.

i think you should smoke a bowl.

10. [quote name='"heyitsmeallen"']call the police station and say a neighbor told you a police officer came knocking today when you werent home and see if they know why. unless your in a huge city.. then they would have no idea.[/quote]

Good idea man

11. easier said than done.

when a cop came knockin on my door i attempted to do this and he stuck his foot in the door way and said "why don't we go inside and talk"

no shit!

also they knock and hide, so when you look through the peep hole nobody is there.

12. #12 heyitsmeallen, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2012
    if you try it out let us know wassup.

you do know that is illegal right? a cop is not above the law.. he has no right to demand entry into your domicile without a warrant or your permission. when he stuck his foot in the door you should have said.. "sure we can if you have a warrent... if not we can chat out here officer." if he forced entry into your home.. every single charge you recieve will be dropped in court, and you could possibly get them fired. Its against our countries CONSTITUTION.

13. Then you stand in his way and say you do not have a warrant. Know your rights and don't get pushed around.

14. That is messed up man! He has no right to put his foot in your door, but of course they pretty much do what they want.

15. no they cant. they act like they can so you have no time to think and if you dont know your rights they get more agressive.

OP, if you are in your own apartment they need a warrant or your permission to enter. If you live with your parents they will probably just let them come in but im sure he was there for other reasons. Maybe a noise complaint?

16. Our constitution? Isn't that the thing they've been flushing down the tolit piece by piece? To me cops have no bounds anyway. They are above the law and seemingly answer to noone. (alot of them anyhow)

17. [quote name='"The Incredible"']

no they cant. they act like they can so you have no time to think and if you dont know your rights they get more agressive.

OP, if you are in your own apartment they need a warrant or your permission to enter. If you live with your parents they will probably just let them come in but im sure he was there for other reasons. Maybe a noise complaint?[/quote]

I have been living with my parents this summer, they were there for my step-mom not me, I didn't even have to call them though because after they went to my house they went to her work and harassed he there, thanks for the help you guys! I really appreciate the nice members of GC!!

18. This hapned to my friend once. He's arrested now.

19. lol, if he was there to bust you on some shit they would have had a warrent. Who knows why he was there. i have never one time had a cop come to my house so not sure what to say

20. i swear nobody reads the whole thread for updates. OP said he was their for his step-mom