A ''confessional ''thread::: Have you jumped off the obama bandwagon?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chicken, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Haha, you're crazed :D

I hope he is held accountable for his campaign promises.

No, I was rolling my eyes at the absurdity that is the "War on Terror". It is an impossible feat, and violence is certainly not the way to achieve peace. Does the war on drugs work? No.

Ending the war... in Iraq. The whole "war" on islam that is perpetuated by our violence is insane, since he supports it, he's a dick.

Never been to war, but I'm well versed in military and political history. I know the war on terror is a sham.

Just read:
    [​IMG]

Why are you talking to me like I support the war? Good for you for joining, I believed what they said 6 years ago too.

I don't know what I'm gonna do about voting. I voted in the primaries, because I could have actually made a difference there, but as far as the national election... :shrug:

2. [​IMG]

3. Exactly. I put forth an argument, and you google some asinine picture. Well played!

4. #44 stoned budda, Aug 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2008
    Originally Posted by vc77 [​IMG]
    Now is NOT the time to say "NO MORE" to voting for a lesser of two evils.

Now, as in RIGHT NOW, is NOT THE TIME to say "NO MORE" to voting for the lesser of two evils.

Two evils. Right now. Not the time to say NO MORE.

Do I need to say that again?

Iraq is not the homefront for the war on "Terror" (If you believe in that shit anyways). Iraq is a staged war. A war on money. A war on control. Control of YOUR mind and YOUR body. Alot of people are getting fat and fucking rich and your mindset is EXACTLY what makes them happy. And fat. And rich.

As far as Obama? If he doesn't set a timetable on day one, IVAW (Which I am a member of, www.ivaw.org) and I will be marching down Pennsylvania avenue to raise hell. Will I be flipping cars and setting them on fire? Hopefully not, but this is serious to some of us. Like I said in other posts, it's easy for the average american to shrug/laugh it off. That little -roll eyes- smiley tells me you think this is a joke. As far as your concerned it isn't even real, right?

5. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080822/ap_on_re_mi_ea/us_iraq;_ylt=AoRwClZFzMonmB56zCzmUBNI2ocA

6. Sure, I sound like a bleeding-heart crazed nut. You sound extremely nonchalant.

But is this something to be passive about? It seems like you think it is. And all that tells me is that you're just another senseless, selfish, smarmy conservative. You cry patriotism but you couldn't give a shit less about the men and women fighting and dying for an unjust cause. You have not experienced it firsthand. Put some boots in the sand before you tell me I'm being too serious.

This is my life. These are the lives of the good people around me. I care. I CARE. If that's psychopathic, I don't want to be anything else.

7. First off have you served time in this countries armed services? Well i have 1st the marines where i saw action in Columbia, and Grenada, then in the Navy, so don't sit there and say i could give a shit less about my brothers in armsm, kid!

I sound nonchalant because jumping up and down screaming and crying about it will solve absolutely nothing. Grow the fuck up and quit ranting like an immature Lil douche bag.

8. US Army. Enlisted on my 18th birthday in 2002, shortly after 9/11. OIF 05-07. 15 months. Combat Action Badge receiver. Mortared, shot at, blown up, rocketed. I did my growing up real fucking quick.

9. In the Marines they taught us that when faced with a situation To stay calm and not loose your temper because when you lose your temper you lose control and make stupid decisions. Apparently they failed to teach that to you in the Army.

Your anger driven tirade will get nothing solved, and just serves to turn people off.

10. I'm personally going to probably vote for Obama with my absentee ballot. He seems to be, as others have said, the "lesser of two evils". I still believe he's a good candidate, but obviously not the best candidate, since all of his views don't agree with all of my views. Never in my lifetime will I find that perfect major candidate (Tests have told me I'm a liberal libertarian.. say that five times fast), and most people will never find their perfect candidate either.

I have a love/hate relationship with politics. I like to be informed about my government and nation, but at the same time, politicians play to win rather than standing firmly on their own beliefs. That's the influence of the media on elections.. and it sucks.

11. the problem with politicians is they all have their OWN views and agendas and nobody is on the same team. If they were a sports team, they would never win a championship. It's "I" in our government, not "We (TEAM)".

that is why no campaign promises are kept and nothing gets accomplished except useless wars that cost us billions and billions of dollars which in turn puts our economy in the shitter.

then after we spend billions on a useless war, we spend billions more on rebuilding the country we bombed and blew to shit while they get to keep stockpiling all the cash from their oil sales. how much f'ing sense does that make. their country's cash surplus over the last few years is 100's of billions of dollars. they have no deficit. ours is the biggest in our history.

our forefathers have all rolled over in their graves face down. its a f'ing embarrassment.

12. The two parties have successfuly removed from the political debate anything of true substance, and they've both morphed into liberal puppets of the various industrial complexes.

Follow the money, and you will see they are all on the same team. Guns/Butter

13. #53 vc77, Aug 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2008

I don't care what they taught you in the Marines.

I'm alive, in one piece, and separated from the Army under honorable conditions as stated on my DD214. Seems I did something right, eh?

And you're damned right I'm angry. Who said I lost my temper? It's not like I'm sitting here kicking back a fifth of Early Times throwing right hooks at wife. I'm angry about this situation. But now, without the body armor and mortar claxon alarms, I can collect myself as much as I want. My steps and words are carefully chosen. I'm fantastic with money, and am doing very well for myself financially. I love my wife and I love my life. But I'm angry. Angry about the corrupt and wicked occupancy of Iraq. Angry about the good men and women getting pulled back for their third and fourth deployments. I am angry about the politicians and congressmen who will do anything to deceive our public and secure the continuation of this conflict. I am angry about the lies.

I'm a fucking soldier, and I won't just lie down and take it in the ass. Never. Tell me I'm being irrational and I'll irrationally tell you to "You're fucking right." And once again, you are right; I'm angry. I'm a human being.

14. Also, just saw the -rep you gave me!

It's comforting knowing you can't debate politics without trying to "hurt" me over the internet. Am I getting to you?! I hope you got some sort of satisfaction out of it!

Peace and love :)

15. Thats not the reason i gave you -rep, i told you the reason, if you have a problem with my -rep, talk to a mod, if they fill it was given out wrongly they will erase it, however i think they will agree with my reason.

You seriously need to smoke a bowl and get over it, your way to angry for a pot head:smoke:

16. Dude chill out before you blow a nut or something, lol.

[​IMG]

17. I am choosing not to vote. I never liked McCain, and I never liked Obama. Two sides of the same problem.

18. everyone vote ron paul its not too late tell your friends knock door to door like the mormons and jahova witnesses do/ tell the world ron paul can

19. Once again, empty responses. You can't even churn up some sort of rhetoric?

"Dude stop being angry"

"Oh man you're losing your temper"

"Here let me google some stupid picture"

"Oh wow you're so angry"

"Dude chill out"

"Stop being so angry that turns off us smarty smart smart people"

I already told you, this war is a serious issue to me. I've been to Iraq, and it opened my eyes to the reality of the situation. I'm angry about THAT situation, in human fashion. You can't seem to grasp that concept.

Let me google some stupid picture now, because that's obviously the "intelligent" thing to do. Don't worry! I'm not mad! This made me think of you and brought smiles to my face :) :) :) :) :)

[​IMG]

20. Dude whatever, lol, like i said roast a bowl and relax man. You can post all the pics you want, it dont bother me, you see i can control my anger, peace:wave: