A ''confessional ''thread::: Have you jumped off the obama bandwagon?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chicken, Aug 9, 2008.

1. im just a simple person,, i dont have all the answers,,,,,,

but how can you vote for a man that holds such anti=american issues as obama does.....

he dont see this country as great,,,,,he sees it as a country that oppresses some people,,,,,,

this is a capitalist society,,,,,, be on the forefront of accquiring wealth,, or get lost in the wave of others that go ahead of you,,,,

he raises the eyebrows o the '' GIMMIE=GIMMIE'' society that has been created,,,,,,,

those that think the governement owes them something,,,,,,,

and his 1000.00$ stimulous check,,,,,please you gonna pay me to get you elected.....

THIS GUY IS A FRAUD,,,,,,,, and will be easily beatible,,,,,,

iim waiting for the 3'rd party to take power,,,,, im a third party voter,,,,,

2. So all you are really saying is that you are not a Liberal?
    Actually, ahh, please research this stuff and provide links, because your case is not strong. And how is he easily beatable? McCain is just now starting to take the lead in some polls? I don't mind people who disagree with me, but you you just keep saying the same things over and over...

3. Dear God chicken, please inform yourself, please?

4. HaHa, see even we can agree!:smoke:

5. I'll believe that when you get a sigg that diss McCain as much as your current do Obama :)

6. neither of these candidates deserve to be president of the USA. both are incompetent as most of the entire government is. every facit of our govt has major incompetence when it comes to making decisions regarding the running of this country. political scams running rampant should be the theme of all political elections.

Name me one president that has ever kept his campaign promises that got him elected. better yet, name me one politician that followed thru with his/her campaigning promises. ill balance the federal deficit; ill provide healthcare to every american; ill leave no child behind when it comes to education yada yada and mother f'ng yada.

they spew nothing but lies.

take a look at our tax code and the way we are abused by taxation. The annual filing of our taxes does not have to be so complicated but they make it as complicated as possible so that the average person doesnt have a clue as to what is right or wrong in the tax code. so what does the average poor ass american have to do, hire an accountant to do their taxes for them and half of the accountants you hire are clueless to the tax code. they can do ez forms but stroll out a 1040 with attachments and your rolling the dice as to whether or not your taxes are completed correctly by a competant accountant.

Ever call the IRS to ask a question about a eligible deductions or what is deemed income etc? these IRS reps are clueless to their own tax code. after speaking to one and getting your answer. call right back and get a different rep online and ask the same questions. you will be amazed at how different your answers will be.

I could go on for hours but will stop here.

if it were an option, I would vote "none of the above".

what real power does a president have anyways? anything they want done has to be greased to slip and slide thru Congress for approval.

scammers scammers scammers!

7. And? What is your solution because these are the candidates we have and this is the government we elected?

8. In my honest opinion, both candidates will be detrimental to the overall prosperity of America in different ways that will have the same endgame. Fuck them both. Neither of them deserve a bandwagon.

9. I didn't say we agree on everything.

10. excellent idea. ;)

11. Your avatar and your political philosophy seem ironically similar.... or maybe not so ironically.

12. i don't quite understand where you're coming from. Should i have a specific political philosophy based on my av?

13. It wasn't an accusation, simply an observation. I know the Dead, at least in their early years were more inclined to not participate in a political process at all. I didn't mean anything negative or positive about it, simply an observation.

14. lol cool man, didn't mean to freak.. i just got a PM from someone the other day busting my balls for being a dead head and not voting for obama lol. (i guess weir and lesh endorsed him)

i'm not a big fan of the process, but i can't help but to be involved, or at least discuss it with others. I did donate to a candidate for the 1st time in my life (ron paul) which is something i thout i would never do..
    I'm sure if i were 20 years younger and lived during the dead's early years my attitude would be different.

15. #35 vc77, Aug 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2008
    Trust me, if a war wasn't going on I wouldn't be voting.

Now is not the time to say "NO MORE" to voting for a lesser of two evils. American bodies are cooling in the dust of Iraq and Afghanistan as we speak. To the average american this is no big deal because you only have to hear about it once or twice a week on the news. I've seen a servicewoman take a 7.62 round to the jawbone killing her instantly. I've picked the hamburger meat of american soldiers I never knew out of charred humvees coming back from patrol. I've smelled the blood. I've seen the giant black plumes of smoke drifting into the sky 15 minutes after a massive IED explosion is called up on a SITREP. It became VERY real for me then. I no longer saw the point in good americans dying so some contractors can buy a fourth summer home.

Not voting right now just seems too irresponsible for me to be a part of. Voting for McCain is the only thing more childish in my eyes. Through the years I've concluded that conservative philosophy is simply justification for selfishness. I'm doing everything I can to keep that mindset out of the captains chair, and Obama is the only person with a chance of doing so. So, do I support his stance on the FISA capitulation? No. Do I support his evangelical views? No. He has proved to me over and over again that he is not the messiah, simply just another politician. But does that mean I will not vote for him? Absolutely not. This is not a game to me. I could care less about my fucking gas prices and taxdollars. We're human beings goddamnit, our lives have value.

16. I completely agree with you, I'm not even planning on voting because I'm unsatisfied with both of the candidates. Ron Paul was my choice, but you know as well as I do, that he is not running. If only a majority of the people would open their minds more, and actually realized what direction the US should be going in.

17. Not voting will never perpetuate our government in the direction you want. You cannot possibly COMPLETELY disagree with both sides on every issue. Even if you feel like you're voting for the lesser of two evils, you are doing the right thing. Or it could just be that you don't give a shit. Trust me, I wouldn't be suprised; No one gives a fuck anymore. Enlist in the military and you'll start to see how the vast majority of America could give a rats ass about the truth. 2 dollars worth of compassion in the form of a yellow magnet made in China and you can call it good. Conscience wiped clean. As long as they get thier bread and circuses. Bread and fucking circuses.

18. Aren't you voting for the lesser of two evils then?

Obama is just as much for the war on terror as McCain. Troops won't be coming home... just trudging on to expand the Great American Empire. :rolleyes:

19. aaronman, i agree with this 100%. Why is everyone under the impression that Obama NOT a pro-war candidate?

20. Now is NOT the time to say "NO MORE" to voting for a lesser of two evils.

Now, as in RIGHT NOW, is NOT THE TIME to say "NO MORE" to voting for the lesser of two evils.

Two evils. Right now. Not the time to say NO MORE.

Do I need to say that again?

Iraq is not the homefront for the war on "Terror" (If you believe in that shit anyways). Iraq is a staged war. A war on money. A war on control. Control of YOUR mind and YOUR body. Alot of people are getting fat and fucking rich and your mindset is EXACTLY what makes them happy. And fat. And rich.

As far as Obama? If he doesn't set a timetable on day one, IVAW (Which I am a member of, www.ivaw.org) and I will be marching down Pennsylvania avenue to raise hell. Will I be flipping cars and setting them on fire? Hopefully not, but this is serious to some of us. Like I said in other posts, it's easy for the average american to shrug/laugh it off. That little -roll eyes- smiley tells me you think this is a joke. As far as your concerned it isn't even real, right?

Straight from Obama's website:

“Here is the truth: fighting a war without end will not force the Iraqis to take responsibility for their own future. And fighting in a war without end will not make the American people safer.So when I am Commander-in-Chief, I will set a new goal on day one: I will end this war. Not because politics compels it. Not because our troops cannot bear the burden- as heavy as it is. But because it is the right thing to do for our national security, and it will ultimately make us safer.”

—Barack Obama, Clinton, Fayetteville, North Carolina, March 19, 2008

"Barack Obama believes we must be as careful getting out of Iraq as we were careless getting in. Immediately upon taking office, Obama will give his Secretary of Defense and military commanders a new mission in Iraq: ending the war. The removal of our troops will be responsible and phased, directed by military commanders on the ground and done in consultation with the Iraqi government. Military experts believe we can safely redeploy combat brigades from Iraq at a pace of 1 to 2 brigades a month that would remove them in 16 months. That would be the summer of 2010 – more than 7 years after the war began.
    Under the Obama plan, a residual force will remain in Iraq and in the region to conduct targeted counter-terrorism missions against al Qaeda in Iraq and to protect American diplomatic and civilian personnel. He will not build permanent bases in Iraq, but will continue efforts to train and support the Iraqi security forces as long as Iraqi leaders move toward political reconciliation and away from sectarianism."

I don't know about you, but I've been there. And you say some shit like that to someone who has been to war you better hold your word. This is the ONLY reason I am voting in this quadrennial exercise and if he flakes like you're so positive of I'm not quite sure he'll ever live it down.

Maybe I should be cynical. Maybe I should be skeptical. But I cannot be. I've seen the damages of an unjust war. I've lost friends. It's real buddy, and it is NOT a joke. It's Americans like you that make us feel hopeless when we're over there. Lazy, apathetic Americans who could give a fuck less. I didn't sign up for money. I didn't sign up for honor. I didn't sign up because my daddy told me so. I signed up (in '02) because I thought terrorists were real and I wanted to fight in Afgahnistan. I wanted to kill somebody. I wanted justice. Upon being sent to Iraq for 15 months I found out I was dead wrong. This shit is fucking fake and I want it to end, NOW.

So, we have two evils running for presidential office.

One says:

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/iraq/

and the other says:

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/fdeb03a7-30b0-4ece-8e34-4c7ea83f11d8.htm

Who the fuck do you think I'm voting for?

Call me stupid. Call me hard-headed. Call me blind.

Maybe I am hopeful. Maybe I shouldn't be.

But one thing I cannot do and could never do, is stand back and let something like this happen. That's probably why I am voting and you're not. That's probably why I enlisted in the United States Army during a time of war and you didn't. This may not mean anything to you, but it has affected and changed my life, and the lives of many good friends.

So I am voting. For Barack Obama. I won't buy into your warnings, and if you're right, may whatever God he prays to help him. You dont give false promises to war vets, and I'd like to think Obama is smart enough to realize that.

/endrant