A Clockwork Orange

Discussion in 'Movies' started by TravisH997, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Just.........holy shit.

I just got done watching it, and I'm still taking it in, and holy fuck was it good.

Please tell me there's lots of others that have seen it....

If so, what are your thoughts on it and the messages it conveys?

2. i think its a really good movie to see, especially if you are interested in film making. the characters all have seperate divisions of modern society that they represent based on their actions and at diffetent times in the movie. i cant tell if that made sense its too hard for me to make sentences when im this high

3. Nah I understand what your saying.

I'm definitely going to have to watch it again though, because I still don't understand parts of the movie and some of the tones.

4. i watched thats movie once straight and i liked it it was good then i watched it against stoned and it scared the hell outta me man..... hehe im fuckinn blazed dude

5. it is most certainly a great piece of cinema... the book its based on is much better.

however, the movie.. like i said... is just, great.

6. Read the book! Please!

7. Haha if I have the time I will

8. Haha just wrote a 1000 word paper on it today. Great film. Linked it to Nietzsche's "Genealogy of Morals". His first essay.

9. Both the movie and book are good but I liked the book ending better.

10. Probably my favorite Kubrick film. Probably.

11. I recently watched it for the first time a couple of weeks ago but I watched it to "literally" like I just followed the story line, character, and what was going on. I didnt seem to look for or feel an underlying message, moral, or greater meaning but like I said I watched it too literally. My friend did tell me why its called clockwork orange but I dont remeber exactly something about how "an orange is the most oraganic thing blah blah blah.. they made it clockwork.."

12. kubric was amazing. i've seen about half his films. fmj was the first followed by clockwork, 2001, eyes wide shut, so on.

i havnt seen clockwork in years but i have it dvr'd now so i might watch it again tonight.

great film.

13. eyes wide shut is a good/trippy movie!

my favorite movie stoned is pulp fiction!! :) GREAT effin dialogue!

mmm and fear and loathing, thats a awesome movie too!

14. actually an orange symbolizes craziness, madness.. sumashestvie

15. Dude, that sounds amazing, I love both A Clockwork Orange and Nietzsche.

Oranges are organic. A clockwork orange has been turned from a living thing to a mechanical thing. They took Alex and changed him from a human being deciding his own morals into a creature that had no choice in his actions and reactions.

16. One of my favorite movies of all time. In my opinion Its Kubrick's masterpiece....well that and the Shining.

17. Damn that's a nice lookin' sig

18. hah i know thanks bro

19. Oh shit dude I just noticed your decked out in Clockwork Orange shit, the avatar, name, AND sig. :yay: +rep

20. great movie