A career in the cannabis industry!!!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by LiveLaughLove777, Apr 26, 2021.

1. OK so I am currently 20 years old and I live in a state where growing marijuana in any amount is illegal. ever since I was 13 I have always had a thing for the cannabis plant the way it grows, how it grows, the benefits, the experimentation, and etc. I am really looking for advice from people that work in the cannabis industry and have made a career/living out of it this is something I wanna do and make a living/career out of it I do not wanna be stuck where I’m at for the rest of my life. I just want advice on what I should do what can I do to make a career out of the cannabis industry what should I do since I am in a state where it is illegal where should I start.
    Thanks for the advice and sorry for making it so long

• Like Like x 1
  2. I don't work at a dispensary, I volunteer at one. There is a fair amount of turnover among the bud tenders, so you gotta be good to make a go of it.

EDUCATE YOURSELF! Learn all you can about the medical uses of cannabis. And I have just the thing you need- just click this New January 2021 Granny's List and start reading. Most Americans don't even know the difference between THC and CBD. Budtenders are the first-line educators!

Know your varieties and what they do! One of the worst things a budtender can do is give bad advice to a medical patient! Terpenes are about to become more important, so learn about them, too.

Be a neat-freak! Whenever there is a break, you should be cleaning! In this age of Covid, this is important! One of the things I like about the Green Heart is that it is cleaner than our local drug stores! This goes for your appearance, too. Casual dress is fine at most dispensaries, but you have to be neat and clean.

How's your tolerance for craziness? Many of the folks who visit dispensaries have mood disorders to full blown craziness. Last Saturday during a busy period, we had a manic dude who "looked at my soul" and had a definite "Charles Manson" air about him. (FYI- He said I had a "rather interesting soul"- whatever that meant.) I kept him occupied, talking, until the budtenders could get to him, so he wouldn't bother the other customers. (He HAD to talk to someone.) If I hadn't been there, one of the budtenders would have had to deal with him. Are you able to handle things like that?

Can you be polite and not loose your cool when a customer is mad at you because his vape-pen didn't work?

Be prepared for your tolerance to go through the roof- you'll be sampling a lot of varieties so you can give honest opinions about the product. Most of the budtenders do dabs because they just don't get the high they want from bud any longer.

Lastly- be honest and avoid any "drama".

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. you could stay where you are and complete a degree on horticulture and even business

so you got some thing tangible to negotiate with

besides it should be cheaper

good luck

4. 20 you say?

E
    D
    U
    C
    A
    T
    I
    O
    N.
    Being in an illegal state may be subject to change and there are opportunities in Horticulture other than weed while we wait. At your age, you have a lot on your side. Grow the best whatever you plant.

5. Sent out some job applications in the last couple weeks, hoping to make a career shift. Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1