A/C vented directly to grow tent!!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bluntlove420, Jan 17, 2010.

1. instead of using a portalbe a/c on full blast to cool an entire room, can i just directly vent a/c into tent and run on low(since much less square feet to cool)????????i also have co2 injection at 1600ppm, but still only one exhaust fan, will this added air dilute co2 causing me to use more even if there is no more air being sucked out than normal, just in!!!..........is this possible????

2. That could work if you could have you exhaust system kick on whenever your home A/C runs, making it just as climate controlled as the rest of your house, if you do the math and get the amount of exhaust about the same as your air return.

That assumes you have a vented light that doesn't depend on the grow area's exhaust fan. i.e. a closed vent loop for the light with it's own fan.

3. it is a bloombox actually, so exhaust in flower chamber runs constantly, there is no intake in this chamber, light is independently cooled and exhausted, so technically there is no airflow in flower chamber just exhaust fan.....i also dont want to vent anything outside, its only one 400w so its not that crazy to just vent in another room, im hoping to keep energy down by using this a/c ducted directly into box, but i guess when time comes i will have to do experiments first hand and see what works! i think it could be pretty damn nifty

4. That should work then, the only problem is trying to supplement CO2 while the exhaust fan is running. You may need to see if your A/C runs much at night and set the C02 to run when the lights are off and the exhaust doesn't need to be running.