Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

A Bunch Of Noob Questions

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by toxulin, Jul 30, 2014.

1. #1 toxulin, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    Hello all

I've never smoked weed before. In the next weekend, I will be buying a few grams and get started. Rolling a joint will be no problem, as I already smoke handrolled cigarettes. I have a few questions though and I hope someone here will be kind enough to answer them! :)

1. Can I roll a joint with just the weed, or do I need to add a bit of regular tobacco in there too?

2. Upon browsing some beginners threads, I noticed that you can't just inhale and directly exhale like you do when you smoke regular cigarettes. As I understood it, you need to inhale and keep the smoke in your lungs for a while so that they can absorb the THC. Just how long should I hold my breath for?

3. I'm currently unemployed and I'm planning on getting a job soon. Some employers will require me to do a urine test though, so it's interesting for me to know how long THC is traceable in urine, so does anybody know? I heard it also depends on how much you smoke, so if you need to know that in order to answer the question; I'll only be smoking on Saturday, so one day in the week, so I won't really be smoking much.

4. Is a grinder a necessity, or can I just tear up the bud with my fingers / use a knife or scissors / any other method? I still live with my parents and I don't want them to find out, so the less toking accessories I have, the better. They're already used to rolling paper and roaches so that's no problem, and the bud itself will be easy to hide as it'll only be a few grams.

5. I'll be rolling joints the size of a regular cigarette. I have no scales so I can't weigh, but if I roll it so that it is not too loose but also not too firm (and only use weed, no tobacco), will just one joint get me high? If not; how many joints should I smoke to get the best high a beginner could get?

2. #2 CrispyBacon, Jul 30, 2014

3. 1. Let me tell you this, I have never smoked a joint rolled with tobbacco. So to answer your question, Yes.

2. 4 seconds is long enough

3. I have no idea

4. No you dont need a grinder, when I was first starting out I used a shot glass + scissors to grind up my weed. If you use your fingers you risk losing some of the THC on the buds, so it's ideal to have grinder but not required.

5. One joint is enough to get you high.

4. #4 toxulin, Jul 30, 2014
    Thanks very much for the fast answers!!! :D I'll just roll a joint without tobacco then. I'll let you know how my first time was. :)

5. Almost everyone here says ditch the tobacco but I find that when I smoke straight-green joints, it never stays lit for long (unless you're puffing every 2 seconds). If it doesn't seem to be burning properly, add a little bit of tobacco or something healthier like Dame Anna (sp?) herb or camomile tea

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

6. 2. Nope, you can do a normal cig inhale exhale. thc is absorbed almost instantly. don't hold your breath, you would look stupid lol.