a broken heart

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by rollingstoner1, Mar 15, 2017.

1. fellow members ...i just recieved word that my best friend of 22 years was found dead today..we grew up together, fished together played basketball together...hung out all the time and we blazed together..he was 40 years old and had diabetes in a bad way..im now waiting for a official word from the medical examiner on cause of death...how do you get over loseing a best friend and brother of 22 years?...all i have done today is cry and cry and cry..and i cant stop...my heart is broken beyond mending...i may never be the same again and now marijuana doesn"t seem to me to be a important part of my life anymore.. how do you handle the pain..the sorrow... the hurt?....how do you mend that gaping hole in your heart where your best friend and brother used to be?....im afraid of going to the funeral because im scared i will lose my mind in front of everyone and look like a crazy person...somebody please help me...i dont know what to do...my heart hurts so bad right now

• Like Like x 1
  2. my dad is afraid this is going to put me in the nut house...he is really worried about me right now

3. I lost my wife in a car accident .
    You don't get use to it ,, its forced upon you , there is nothing anyone can do to change it .
    Its out of your control .

Time is it ... If you want to go to the nut house , go for it.
    But its not going to change facts or truths ..
    You are still going to have deal with the fact your friend or loved one is dead .
    Sorry for being blunt .

• Like Like x 3
  4. That sucks...my sympathies...Having reached my later years and watched my friends age and pass...I still feel rotten upon hearing about death. What makes it even harder is seeing movie stars that I grew up watching pass on..:(
    Best of luck...time will make it better...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wishing the best for you OP, and everyone else...Those are some sad stories.. It will get a little better over time man, just hang in there. Hell, if you need to talk to someone (or even just rant/vent) and have no one else just send me a message any time.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Death is never easy to come to terms with.
    What works for me is to make it a point to cherish the times you had. Periodically tell a few stories of your times together. Let his memory live on with respect.

Unfortunately, I have known this feeling too many times. Be his testimony.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Im forty , lost my best friend when I was 16 you move on never forget then again lost my best friend at 35 , lost my grandma 5 months ago. Just never forgetting them helps.

8. pistils, thank you my friend what you said means so much to me, we love and then we lose, its a fact of life..but a 23 year friendship , man losing that is a bitter horse pill to swallow

9. thank you so very much... i have cried all day and screamed, till my head has exploded, im afraid to go to sleep

10. thank you for the kind words, it means more than you could ever know

• Like Like x 1
  11. thank you so much for your heartfelt sympathy

12. A relative sent me some photos that were taken when I was a child, along with my family...ever seen a grown man cry??

13. That hole they put you in ain't no 6ft deep.
    My grandfathers funeral was the first time I'd seen a freshly dug grave.

My grandmother is to be buried next to him, but I learned she wants that plot to be mine because she told my mom "Mija, he deserves to rest with his grandfather."
    I don't deserve that though.

14. found out my boy died from phnuemonia due to being a diabetic his immune system was so weak the phnumonia just took him on out of this world..i leave in the morning to attend a viewing and funeral for him and i have to be a pallbearer and i have to do the eulogy..what a shitty way to start a weekend...im gonna smoke a fat blunt in his memory.. micheal, i love you and always will, you left me way to soon, but i will always carry you in my heart for all time...

15. that's EXACTLY how I feel about my best friend for 7 years. They just ditched me though, didn't die. But I still felt exactly the same way. I couldn't get over it. I still can't get over it, and it's been 3+ months. I'm so sensitive to the topic, and so many things remind me of the person. It's impossible to get them out of my head, every day I think about that person no matter how much I don't want to. Every day I hope that this person just sends me a text. Fruitlessly.

That person knew me more than I know myself. They understood me more than anyone in this world ever could, there could never be a replacement and like you said, my heart is still hurt and I don't know if it will ever mend. Marijuana sometimes makes me even sadder about it because I just think more on it....

I think the only fix is time. But time will never heal this wound fully. I'm never more happy when I can just talk to them. Getting a message from them always brightened my day. Like a light in a darkness. But now it's like there's only darkness, and I'm trying my best to shine a light myself but it flickers and it waivers without a best friend like this person to share life and experiences and thoughts with.

I can understand your pains.... I am sorry for your loss as well

16. i drove 5 hours to be with him..2 days..but i made sure he left like a real BOSS...i gave him one hell of a send off

• Like Like x 3
  17. Much love and hugs brother.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. thank you so much

19. Live your life as if your friend was still around, pretend like he's still there. He will always have a place in your heart so just live with him there.

• Like Like x 1
  20. #20 New Yorks Finest, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    Hold your head up man