A Bit of HELP please

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by deks23, May 20, 2008.

1. My plant are now 4 wees into flower and a drinking quite alot about a litre every 2 sometimes every day
    should i be feeding hem is much ? also ive been putting the water and feed in the trays and the roots are sucking the water straight away within a minute what should I do some expert advice plz

Cheers !!!!

2. Sorry forgot to mention they are about 4 feet tall

3. They wont over drink themselves, how large is the container?

4. 2 gal pots mate---- What do you mean by won't over drink themselves?

5. Well obviously you can over water, but if the soil is drying out that quickly...

Well I should ask is what type of light are you using? What are your temps?
    Type of soil?
    You should only be needing to water every 2-3days or more, you want to make sure you completely saturate the soil with a watering, then wait until its dry an inch or two below the top soil before watering again.
    Have you been feeling their weight or testing with your finger?

6. hey 1st off thx for quick replys

soil is ordinary soil
    im using 600 hps temps are 80 f
    when u say completely saturate soil to you mean with NO nutes
    ive been sticking my finger for testing hardly any moisture

7. water the plants with two gallons next time you water, then dont water again until the leaves start to droop. then keep in mind how long it took for them to droop, and water again a day or two before that point. underwatering plants this way is a great way to increase potency i believe too...

8. water plants with 2 gallon thats 10 litres !!!! are u sure my trays wud overflow !!!!

maybe im reading this wrong

9. just water until a little bit of runoff comes out of the bottom.( and not just a few drops) water slowly so you saturate the soil like Anony said.

Doing it with or without nutes would depend on if you are feeding them at that particular watering. C'mon dude. lol

10. your not understanding what im saying im feeding until water is running to the trays then its sucking straight up then im putting more water n trays and its sucking straight up and getting dry a day later !!!!!

so cmon dude i want some expert advice not how much to feed ....but whats best fr my situation :rolleyes:

11. Sorry, I wasnt trying to be mean. They will be wanting alot more water at this stage to help them build those buds. Water them until they stop sucking it back up. Let it pool around them for a little while,if they suck it up, water some more and let it pool again, repeat until they are done drinking. it aint gonna hurt them I promise. You could let them sit in the water for a couple of hours and they would be fine.
    Maybe your medium drains too fast. Not a problem for the plants as long as youre up for watering them everyday. Is your humidity low? If so I would try and raise it a little as well as bring the temps down some. this will help the soil to dry out less frequently. Happy Gardening
    And you are the one who aked the question: saturate the soil with no nutes? If ya knew it didnt make a difference then why'd ya ask?

12. yeah sorry im not trying to be a an asshole just getting worried

i just dont kno if i shud be watering until they are not sucking the water back up or water until there is a little bit there in the tray!!
    as for the matter of saturating the soil i knew that but i meant saturate it wiv pure water or wiv water + feed

13. water them until they stop sucking it up then dump the excess water. They could sit in that water for as much as 24 hours without a problem, but I thought I already explained that to you.lol What are you worried about? Overwatering occurs when you water like everyday and dont give the soil a chance to dry out. You could pour 100 gallons through your pots and the plants would be fine as long as you let the soil dry before the next 100 gallons. Get it? Saturate the soil everytime you water or feed.
    What is so hard about leaving them in the tray until they are done drinking? They arent gonna drown.