A bit late, but... (News from PA)

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Ryanch1201, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Even though Pennsylvania is a red state, State Representative Mark Cohen is putting forth increasing pressure behind legalizing medical pot.

NORML.ORG US PA: Edu: Pot or Not?

2. According to Kitei, many downsides exist.

"There are multiple health concerns, including: loss of coordination of poor sense of balance, impaired short term memory, intense anxiety or panic attacks, impaired ability to drive a car, psychological dependence, rapid heartbeat, increased respiratory problems, decreased ability to learn, damage to the immune system, decreased fertility in men [and] withdrawal symptoms in long term users who try to quit," Kitei said.

ORLY?

3. #3 Ungutus, Jul 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2010
    Those concerns sound much less severe than many OTC and RX pharmaceuticals. And most of them are made up or exaggerated! If I had a nickle for every time I heard "...and on rare occasions [insert life-threatening side effect]" in some commercial for a new drug.

4. YARLY.

To be honest, never once have I suffered from impaired short term memory, intense anxiety, psychological dependence, rapid heartbeat, decreased fertility, or decreased ability to learn. But, that's just one blade's experience.

5. Medical marijuana in PA? Never at a dispencery level. If I ever see it at a dispencery level in downtown Pittsburgh. I would shit my pants. Most of Pittsburghers want it legalized but the people who actually do the voting around here are old people.

Hell someone recently got elected on the sole premise that he was opposed to nationilized healthcare, meanwhile the majority of Pittsburghers who are still of working age want healthcare.... Because they actually pay a healthcare bill instead of already getting goverment money. But obviously they are too busy working, and people my age are too worried about the new Iphone+ they already have insurance until after college.

6. Maybe not at dispensary level, but my mom suffers from chronic pain, and if she were to get a prescription, she'd definitely share.

But, hey, there is always the possibility of dispensaries, as long as the bill is passed, first.

7. Epic first post.

Why do you guys say no dispensary level in PA?
    With an attitude like that, nothing will ever happen.

8. Pennsylvania has a stick up it's ass and hates everything, so if something like this becomes legal, PA is gonna put all their power into taking the fun right out of it.

9. Oh I sure as hell hope it happens.

10. Cause thats the middle of nowhere. You shouldn't expect a dispensary everywhere.

11. I know, but how far are patients from my area supposed to drive to get medication? To major cities, I would assume, but they're all 40~ minutes away from me.

And also, are you familiar with Nesquehoning's geographical location?

12. I think there will be dispensaries, even in small ass towns.

But even if there isn't, I don't care too much. As long as I have a card for my medical reasons that lets me grow my own I'm not going to bitch.

And I'm sure you will be able to have a care taker grow for you if that was the case.

13. So your daughter OD'd on heroin and you're taking it out on ill people looking for some relief? That's just fucked up.

14. Good news i guess

15. Among other news in PA, just saw two men denying white people entrance to polls saying "you better turn around and leave cracker", paraphrasing but you get the idea. Very disturbing, didn't think the Black Panthers were really around anymore.

16. What? Where was that?

17. I'm not sure all I know was that it was in PA, I was playing video games(LoL) while my dad was watching the news behind me.

18. I'm with the other people saying I don't think I would ever see a dispensary in any town near me. Hell the town closest to me chased out their one and only tobacco store because it offended them so much. This state sucks but living close to a town that refuses to develop is even worse. Fuck Gettysburg.

19. Just to clarify - Pennsylvania goes blue during elections.