Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

A basic guide for beginners

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by thaSPACEkadet, Jun 13, 2009.

1. This is a basic guide for beginner smokers, the do's and don'ts, suggestions, advice, and opinions. Feel free to add your own input. Enjoy.

Part 1: Vocabulary

A. Weed, Bud, Reefer, Swag, Kill, Chronic, Dank- a few “street names” for Marijuana

B. Papers- although this one seems obvious it's short for Rolling Papers, like joints or blunts

C . Blunt Wraps- Just like normal papers but larger and usually brown

D. Piece- The piece of equipment that you smoke weed out of, including a pipe, bong, or hookah

E. Hit/ A Hit/ Rip- To take a drag of the weed

F. Chamber- The space of your piece that fills with smoke when you hit it.

G. Clear/Clearing- To inhale all the smoke and thus clear the chamber of your piece.

H. Carb/Carburetor- The hole on your piece that is used to introduce air to the chamber and assist in clearing the chamber

I. Joint- weed rolled in rolling papers not to be mistaken with blunt wraps, the joint is smaller like a cigarette.

J. Scooby Snacks- Little chunks of ash in your mouth.

K. Harsh/Rough Hit – A hit that is hot, and irritates your throat.

L. Blunt- weed rolled in blunt wraps, it is usually larger medium sized cigar.

M. A run- A run is where a burn line forms in a joint or blunt on one side and causes it to burn unevenly and ruins the joint/blunt

N .Cashed/Caved- When the weed has been finished and it's all ash.

O. Munchies- Can be the feeling of extreme hunger, or the food that is eaten because of the munchies

P. Pitching- When you pitch your are putting in money for either weed or munchies

Q.Torching it- when you expose the weed to flame for a prolonged period of time, it burns the weed and caves the bowl faster.

R. Sack- A bag of weed of any size.

S. Pinched- When your dealer pinches weed out of your sack.

T. Trichromes/Kief- The sparkly crystals that cover the bud

U. Dense- It describes the texture of weed, dense weed is sticky, moist, and squishy to the touch.

V. Cherried- The weed is still burning bright red and therefore does not have to be lit and torched.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Feel free to add your own :p

Part 2: Basic Smoking Tips

A. Smoke because you like to smoke don't smoke to be cool

B. Make sure you always have something to smoke out of, papers, pipe, bong or whatever. I can't stress this one enough there's nothing worse than having bud and nothing to smoke it with.

C. NEVER EVER fall for "the last hit is the best" you will get Scooby snacks.

D. Who ever the weed belongs to he/she can smoke as they want.

E. Don't always expect everyone to smoke you up.

F. Do Not be a mooch, no one can stand someone who never wants to pitch.

G. Always have a lighter, and take care of it. It sounds weird but, if you don't you'll lose it or people your smoking with might steal it or break it somehow. Then your out another 2 bucks.

H. On that note, always buy the 4 pack of lighters cause one will evenutally get lost.

I. Don't be stingy. Be willing to match a bowl every now and then and you'll make friends and get two bowls of weed for the price of one.

J. DO NOT EVER smoke out of aluminum cans it will give you Alzheimers!!!! Seriously if you don't have a piece or papers wait till you can get something, soda cans will fuck you up in the long run.

K. It is true, puff puff pass is the standard with anything. It's not cool to babysit the weed. If your telling a story, hit it pass it, and continue the story don't stop to tell the story while holding on to it.

L. If the weed is still cherried when it is passed to you and you hit it, it is not okay to relight it when you've already hit it once.

M. Good music is almost an essential. What kind of music it is doesn't matter as long as you can chill to it.

Part 3: Buying weed, and Basic weed categories

A. Finding a regular dealer- You must know someone that smokes, how did you start? That someone knows a dealer obviously, well now you do too.

B. Dealer/Customer Etiquette- Don't ever ask your new found dealer to Front you anything. Secondly if you buy a sack then offer a bowl to your dealer he will be more likely to cut you deals and other stuff like that.

C. How not to get ripped off- Never Ever let someone walk away with your money. As with other products you expect the product at time of payment. Letting someone walk away with your money and then back with your weed is a good way to get your shit pinched. Next don't hesitate to ask to see, smell, and feel the weed before you buy it. If you have a scale bring it and don't think twice about asking to have it weighed.

D. Chronic- Chronic the is best weed you can buy. It is characterized by the large amounts of Kief covering it. The weed is dense and super smelly, but in a good way.

E. Kill- The next step down from chronic its not as good but it is still pretty potent. It is usually pretty sticky but does not carry as much of a scent.

F. Swag- The lowest on the ladder. Swag is not properly harvested and often times not packaged right and for who knows how long. The seed oil saturates the weed and makes it look like crap. Swag usually smells more like oregano than anything else so you really have to trust who your buying it from. It s usally harsh and just leaves you with a headache when your done smoking. But nevertheless weed is weed and it will get the job done.

Thats just about all I got for now, above all Enjoy your smoke!:smoke::smoke:

2. Good job on the guide, although I can't addon, I would like to point out a few things that are entirely of my opinion, so don't take it as an offense to correct in any way. :)

-Blunt papers aren't just brown paper. Most have flavors and some also give a lightheaded buzz as opposed to just plain paper, plus they roll much fatter than regular joint papers.

-Rough hits aren't necessarily hot, sometimes you can rip your bubbler/bong/water-pipe and the hit can be cool, but still irritate your throat. Things like percs and diffused downstems help reduce drag.

-For sack, you should mention what a gram, eighth, half oz, oz, etc. is.

-Aluminum is good here and there as a last resort, just make sure never to heat it up too much. Although, tin foil is what people must stress on about.

-You don't need music, but listening to some form of chill music helps mellow you down sometimes. It all depends on the user and the friends around the user, as most probably have different music tastes.

-For the dealer bit, I would never ask my dealer to smoke a bowl with me unless your picking up somewhere where it wouldn't look sketchy. Most of the time its just a "hand the sack, hand the money, split up and go" kinda thing.

-Chronic (at least here in California) is characterized as regular mids. Dank is mostly characterized as Kush or other strains similar.

For your list of weed, I've never really heard anyone say "kill" for a weed generalization. I've only seen people base it on this.
    -Dank
    -Mids
    -Schwag

3. I like it. Pretty good! I used to smoke out of cans and sometimes tin foil when I was first starting... Ugh.. Stupid. Hopefully nothin long term :p def. don't anymore.

4. I usually smoke from a pipe so it was kinda just the little bit I've seen of papers and blunt wraps from my friends that I was going off of. Thanks for the input though :D

5. Great guide! Just some things to add and think about :)

Part 2: Basic Smoking Tips
    A. Some people smoke because they like it and also for medical purposes.

F. Don't be a mooch but also don't be that one person in the corner who wants to smoke but is to afraid to ask for a hit.

Don't be that ass that breaks the pipe when you empty the ash. Remember, that it is made out of glass and no matter how high you are, it's not indestructible.

If you can run your finger on a bud, and large, very shiny kief comes off, it is glass and do not smoke this weed. You wil cut the fuck out of your throat/lungs.

Thanks for the guide :) Blaze on!

6. Dense weed isn't squishy.

7. Idk if you have this but around here the best weed is sticky icky like you put Elmer's glue on your fingers haha but idk if it like that anywhere else.

8. BTW, I see this as pretty important: blunt wraps are made of tobacco, papers are made of rice! Some people abstain from tobacco, and I see this a pretty important for those who do.

Other things to add:

Hemp wicks

Shotgun hits

LHS

edibles

Lipophilic

CBD vs THC

THCA

Indica vs Sativa

Apple bowl/pipe

Bottle bong

9. old thread is OOOOLD.

First post ever

10. Old is Gold. Didn't know that.

11. I may make a complete sum up of everything listed on this thread tomorrow.

12. With cherried, I've also heard rolling. Like "Hurry, It's still rolling"
    Great beginners guide! :smoking: