a bag of 300 mj seeds...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by eak52190, Jun 29, 2010.

1. hey everyone ive been growing for the last year or so im an indoor grower. i tried growing outdoors but it failed. anyway the other day my friend got a couple ounces of cheefe and it was filled with seeds. so we picked out as much as we could and came up with over 300 seeds(shit weed right?haha). as we were doing it i came up with an awesome idea. what if i went into the woods some where scattered the 300+ seeds in an area, watered them good, then just left them, forget about them then come back in september to the same spot. do you think anything would be there? everytime i germanate seeds nearly all of them sprout. so i'm thinking out of those 300+ seeds something must be there when i come back in september right? please comment, even though i'm going to do it anyway i would like to hear you opinions thank you!

2. What type of area do you live in?

Do you get a decent amount of rain often and is the soil pretty healthy?

3. #3 dabiHASHery, Jun 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2010

pretty much all of my grows were done this way, although with much less seeds. each time except my first was a success. :hello:

as long as it gets at least like 10 hours of sunlight a day yo, youre straight. (and water, good soil, and space of course)

4. ya, but the males might pollenate the females and u get unlucky. that mite not happen tho

5. yeh i live in the northeastern part of north america, the summers are hot and it rains around once a week and some weeks more some weeks less. the soils good my friends used to grow around the area.

i completely forgot about the males, i might just go check on them every couple of weeks and try to kill off those bastard males.

how many out of the 300 you think would make it to flowering? because if for some reason 90% of those seeds grow till then, i think i would be a bit in over my head

6. Are you planning on actually planting, or just scattering? If scattering, significantly less seeds would germinate.

7. if worrying about too much nuggskis to handle then dont bother killing the males. most likely if you sow the ground a good number of them will grow (especially if ur using 300 seeds), which means the fems you harvest will contain plantable seeds for the next grow season. if you only want to do one outdoor grow to try it, and you dont want seeds but you dont know if you want to grow outdoors again, then it really doesnt hurt to let nature do its bidness'.
    :metal:

-hash

8. I would plant them in one general area, so you can account for your seeds and so you don't lose track of any. Why? Because all it takes is one male to polinate your entire batch.

Just plant them and come back in a month to check for males. Find any, kill them. Its that easy.

9. i'm sure they would grow...

i made some qwiso out of ditch weed (yes, it worked... pretty much) and after every batch i'd go out behind my shed and dump the alcohol soaked weed, which was half seed (if not more). when spring rolled around i found probably between 50-75 seedlings, it was crazy! it was a tiny MJ forest in my own backyard.

granted, it was ditch weed, but out of 300 schwag seeds SOMETHING has to grow. i'd be careful though, don't plant them too close or it will be too hard to go through and pick out the males. they'll also fight each other for light and get really tall and lanky.

10. Well you wouldn't get anything great seeing as there would be males and they would pollinate the females and they would be given no nutrients

11. I would def go back and remove males.also the plants that do thrivewill prob choke the weaker ones out unless ur planting over a giant area.so I doubt after u pull the males that your gona hae 100 giant females.I doit in corn dig a trench line it with sedd come back murder males and inferiors.not best way but if u make hash then every crystal counts

12. first thanks everyone! solid points.

yeh i think i'm going to go with the trench idea. just make a long straight line of them instead of the forrest aspect cuz it will be so much easier to kill the males.

i'm aware that its gonna be shit weed, but i would rather have a shit load of crap bud that involved no work to do then have no weed at all. besides i have some northern lights #5 growin in my closet:)

13. u be suprised what you find in bagseed,Had some purple plants years ago that i got outta mids I'd give a finger to have a cutting of that shit .mids where good but they where still mids.but the seed stock was quite awesome .I've been lookin for somethin that resembles it for years.I can still taste that shit