A 2016's view on "When to Harvest" Great Thread!!

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by leodicapario, Aug 28, 2016.

1. i like to let more than 50-60% geez thats a bit immature still.

2. Ok fair enough but I like it no more than 75% changed colour myself.

3. i mean you have to kind of take in when you want to start flushing, its not going to be ripe enough to harvest, but it will be in a week or 2,, ur not going to wait for your plant to be ripe then start flushing, that wouldnt work because then u have a ripe plant that has to go for another week or 2 for plain water. then overripe

4. yeah I gather that my man, I haven't yet reached the desired ratio so I'll see what sort of size and colours the triches display and make the call wether to start the flush immediately or to give one more dose of nutes before starting the flush, cheers

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lol research of THEIR plants! Lol. My 3 GENERAL guidelines are.. 1) no Don king tops. [Most Trichs standing up tall n firm. Milky white], 2) your desired level of opaque/amber trichomes.. thc degrades to CBN when they go amber. How ya like it smoke? Recording a jam sesh? Milky trich bud... Tryna sleep n eat a lot? More amber amongst ur trichs. 3) is jus basically logic. How long has it been since flip. Don't count "bloom phase" from the day u flip to 12,12.. once first pistils start popping. Start ur day count. (Taught the count is irrelevant other then for data purposes)

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. horse shit

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jus my way brotha. We all got our methods. I jus think counting from day of flip makes the new grower freak cuz the seed bank said 60 days lol

• Like Like x 3
  8. M i meant really the day I see those 1st pistils gather. I'm gonna call day 1

9. Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

10. its more or less what buckethead as said more milky white trichromes more heady speedy and shorter high ,more amber trichromes you start getting a more relaxed body high all amber you'll go to sleep ,,,mac

• Like Like x 2
  11. maybe i didnt mention above but breeders harvest time could be completely different always.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Thanks leo.....very nicely laid out. Gathering up the necessary information for me to REALLY UNDERSTAND when and how to harvest....and beyond is by far the hardest phase of my grow. My girl is getting pretty ripe and have been doing tons of research on just this topic.....and while I comprehend the words Im reading....I have NO personal....up close experience with MJ plants so my mind is going HAYWIRE trying to "see if this looks right" or "does that meet ""this"" requirement"....you know what I mean? I am a pretty hardcore visual learner so after I ACTUALLY see it, prime-time, once or twice I will then UNDERSTAND and can VISUALIZE it in my mind for future harvests. I can look at pics all day and start to pick up on the subtle differences....but thats still not quite enough for ME to consider myself "understanding of the process"........hope that makes any sense lol.

Awesome post though and HONESTLY did hone my understanding of this just a bit more...so again, :thankyou:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Just wanted to mention.......after this thread I went and bought this exact microscope. Got it in the mail yesterday and used it today. I had to use my wife's old computer because the one I am currently using (and always use) doesn't have a drive for the disc.....but never the less i had no problems installing and using it on that computer. The images DEFINITELY aid in calculating your desired harvest time. I could see VERY CLEARLY and VERY CLOSE to the leaves/buds/trichomes.....I will see if I can get it to snap a pic later on and post it for a "view""review""" if you will.....no promises though. I CAN tell you that overall I like it and does the job well. The functions and "buttons" on it feel cheap and the magnifying knob, on mine, is cheap and hard to "hone in" fine tune things....but IT CAN be done...and it really ISN'T all that hard....just feel kinda...........ehhh.

BUT FOR $20 I give it a thumbs up. Would buy again if needed to

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ok...so I went ahead and snapped a few.....remember guys....I haven't played with this thing at all yet....it looks like you might can calibrate and all kinds of stuff.....I just wanted to snap a basic pic or......4 for you guys to see, in general, what it can do......Also, other than the occasional dog hair or two on there.....how is she looking? I was thinking maybe 5 days??? Im trying to hone my "harvesting knowledge" in so I can feel more confident when this time comes!! lol Any input is appreciated...and you can side bar me if you want with a quick response as to not debow this thread.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Or better yet maybe a knowledgeable reply or two to my pics might help the future scourers of info about this JUST AS I WAS.... the more info and pics....with "credited opinions" the better IMO.:love-m3j:

16. well considering the sugar leaves are starting to amber off, the buds cant be that far behind, but mostly the sugar leaves will amber off faster then the buds idk why.

but i couldnt say unless i looked at the whole plant,,

thats what the thread is mainly about, i couldnt say its ready for harvest just from the trichomes..

17. BUMP BUMP.. great thread

18. BUMP-A-DOODLE-DOO