9ft x 11ft grow room ideas

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by broondog, May 9, 2010.

1. hello people im moving into a new house and have a spare room thats 9ft x 11ft im looking to grow as many plants as i can in this space any ideas i will be grateful as im an absolute novice thanks:)

2. for a first time grow, i wouldnt take on anything so big.

Try one or two plants first to get a feel for things, then work your way up.

With a room like that, you could do great things, but walk before you can run ;)

3. I don't think there is any reason you can't attempt a garden that size for a first grow. Researching everything beforehand and having a plan from start to finish, and building your complete grow room before the introduction of any plants is infinitely more effective than building it as you grow.

Growing plants isn't terribly difficult, but it isn't as easy as sticking some plants in dirt and letting them do their thing.

Oh, Clean the crap out of everything all the time.

4. #4 mrbob_58, May 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2010
    2x 600w hps/mh and a flourecent setup for rooting.. Cordon off your room into 3 sections, rooting , vegging and bud. Each require different light. Seal your bud section so it can get no light from anywhere other than the light to grow. The plant cannot be exposed to light during the 12 hr dark time while budding. Hermies are a real danger when you get light leakage. You will need to cool the room. No matter what light you go to heat will be an issue so you will need to add a number of fans. Things like cool tubes are a big help but you will still need to deal with the exhaust and odor I was able to graft my setup into my chiminey solved both problems as the excess heat goes straight outside. You will also need a small table or bench to work on. You have it made. 9x11 is a great size for a complete grow setup. Take your time , do it right and you will not only be able to grow copious ammounts , you will be able to do it assembly line style. Plants in all stages of grow, a constant supply...