99 Lexus Gs300 Tt (Sleeper)

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Scars, Aug 11, 2014.

1. #1 Scars, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
    Hey. I'm a little baked and felt like sharing.

She old and rough around the edges. I bought her brand new from the Lexus Dealer 15 years ago and and have used it for a daily ever since. Best car I have ever owned. Never let me down. 

But after 15 years, things were in need of maintenance. I'm an ex-Toyota mechanic and have 2 other Supras. I know what this Lexus was like in Japan and went ahead and did the conversion.

Shes got a 2jz-gte VVT-i Twin Turbo engine (320 HP and 338 tq), upgraded Steel Wheel turbos at 18 psi on pump gas. TRD diff and other supporting modifications. I used all genuine OEM Toyota parts.

Check it out. Some may hate it, some may appreciate it, but I love it. BTW, don't worry about the tags, you ain't gonna find me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Clean swap and very sleeper like. 

More pics/info on the Supras? My dream car is a MKIV. 

3. Yeah sure man, let me go find some pics of my 2 Supras and my SC300. All twin turbo.

4. Is the vvti disabled?

5. Looks like a pretty clean ride, wouldn't mind going for a doob cruise in 'er, if you allow that :p

I used to have an old '92 Jetta, it's fun taking care of your baby. Awesome car! :)

6. #6 Scars, Aug 11, 2014
    No sir, VVT-i is fully functioning, so is the sequential turbo system. I even retained the factory cruise control for those doobie rides!

7. #7 Scars, Aug 11, 2014
    Thanks man, I love vdubs too. I don't hot box her, but I do smoke J's on the way home after a long work day. Texas sun, windows down, blasting a joint down the freeway. Don't ever keep any other weed in the car. If I see a cop, I flick the J.

8. Leaving it stock or getting any bpu?

9. #9 Scars, Aug 11, 2014
    My '93 TT Hardtop six speed. Bone stock. Barely drive it. I only took 2 pics of her when I first washed her after buying her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My '90 1jz-gte TT Targa 5 speed. Her name is Pepppermint! Barely drive her, mint condition her her year. She is making 422 hp and 350 torque with supporting mods and tuned on Map ECU. 22 psi pump gas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my pride and joy. The fastest car I ever built. My 1997 Lexus SC300. I completely restored her. New paint, Auto to R154 5 speed swap, 2jz-gte swap, TRD lsd, 4 inch HKS exhaust and ran a Blitz Access ECU, with Supra AFC. On E85 and 28 psi, I made 450 hp and 420 tq. I also got 315/35/17s drag radial tires on Supra TT wheels.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I still have all these cars and some more I am working on. I love old school Japanese cars and I stick to what I know how to build best. The JZ series engine.

Thanks for looking. Let me know if your have any questions.

10. I daily her. I'm going to do some cosmetic works and maybe some wider wheels. After that I might go single. Probably a 67mm turbo from Precision.

11. Haha very nice, stealth like! ;)

12. I wish I knew this much about cars

Looks awesome

Omega369

• Like Like x 1
  13. super clean swap. looks like it came factory. OE airbox and all!

a  co-worker of mine had a 92 SC300 and did a "1JZ" single turbo engine. 2.5 liter. he said it came out of an '01 Chaser from Japan. his was pretty clean too.

set that GS on some IS300 17's. the slim 5 spoke. no bigger. 245/45's.

14. your SC is everything i wanted my POS sc to be (except 1jz from a soarer). looks great man also the GS is sick and are you planning on selling the MKIV in the future? thats the only reason i could see for keeping godzilla killer stock. got a picture of all 4 cars together?

15. Amazing collection all of your rides are awesome
    Great to see some Japanese love

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..grabba dabba goo

16. Please keep the supra TT stock though that is just a masterpiece and one day will be looked at as the 2000gt and maybe even worth as much.
    Not too many six speed TT left

17. #17 Scars, Aug 11, 2014
    Yeah man, I spent more than a year getting the Japanese Aristo diagram translated to English so that I could swap it exactly like factory.

Believe it or not. I did this engine swap in continuous rain. From running stock and parking in driveway to running stock twin turbo: 3 days of hard work and LOTS of weed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some pics of process in the rain.

[​IMG]

Old engine/trans, 180k miles of loyal service. I still have it, might rebuilt it and go NA-T on another car.

[​IMG]

Dropped the new motor/trans in with my engine hoist.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm going to the gym in a little bit. I'm still testing out my Aristo for reliability and power so I might make videos today and post them here.

No, I don't shoot too many pics of the Supras. I keep both Supras and my SC300 in Storage. I'v been robbed a few times in the past but now I stay strapped. It's Texas, ya know.

The main reason I don't drive the MKIV is because of the low miles. Plus, there are less than 200 '93 Hardtop 6 speeds left. All I did was change to the 97-98 headlights, grill, tail lights and interior panels. Otherwise it is bone stock. I like the Gozilla name though and don't plan on selling it.

[​IMG]

18. Yeah dude, I drive her less than 50 miles a year.

19. magnificent! Toyota hasnt built a sweet car like the Supra until recently with the Lexus RC.

20. Love the rc so sexy