99 Days Auto Northern Lights

Discussion in 'Bud Shots' started by Shreder, Nov 9, 2017.

1. #1 Shreder, Nov 9, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    Thats my first automatic plant, hope yields and high wont let me down.
    up til day 30 used cfls
    then 400w phillips greenpower hps
    at day 80 upgraded to a 600w sunmaster dual spec
    its in a 5gal air pot. 50/50 coco perlite mix. max ec 1.4
    she did suffer from heat stress for 2 weeks til solved, just in mid flower bout days 50-65.
    then a little magnesium was missing at around day 80, treated with 1ml / l of calmag.

shes 75cm in height, and about 60x60cm wide

now the only training she got is very little defoliation twice during flower.. and widening the branch structure so its evenely spread and not tight, helped for a little more light penetration.

only thing id do different is a scrog. as ive never expected an auto to get this big, i guess i lost here 30% yields easy cuz the bottom half is empty or just too airy.. pff. gona make some edibles lol

shes on 18/6 lights schedule
    temps 25c rh 40

gona flush for 10 days or so, cuz i never did it before, so chop at day 108 maybe a lil earlier.. trichomes getting amber :)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  2. Id like to say great job.beautifull looking NL..my favorite...superb looking for an Auto.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Autos are as good as photos now. You can grow 100+ day super autos that yeild way more than photos under 24 hr light, and the cannabanoid profile is the same. Some breeders still have lowrideresque genetics, but alot of them are improving. I grow Mephisto and Dutch Passion autos. I typically get 6 oz of AAA connoiseur bud in 60 days off most mephistos, and have started to grow the longer running dutch passions which im very impressed with. Alot of people tried autos a few years ago and were disappointed, but like everything we do, its vastly improved recently. I try to encourage people to get into them, its the most efficient method of growing once you get the hang of it. Theyre also very exciting to grow, they develop very fast. Its great to see the buds swelling up more every time you look. You can see the kind of yeild hes getting, and i guarantee its no different a high than the photo version. Ill post a few pics my mainstay, Mephisto Grape Walker Kush, it yeilded 6 oz in 63 days, and is the most insanely potent weed everyone that smoked it ever had. Its nutz.
    Sorry Shrederz lol i have a thing about defending the honour and promoting awareness of autoflowering cannabis. You did an awesome job man, that looks freakin fantastic![​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  4. hey bro thanks and you are indeed right, if only i could tell shed get so big and so long to finish i would have scrogged, but the breeder said do not train her besides light lst... and that shed finish with about 80 grams within 75 days from seed... i should have scrogged and fill 80% of my groom... learnt alot from this grow though.. glad i did it this way, now i know better.

5. Yeah man lol i set up a 3x3 corner area that i thought i could fit 2 plants in, within 40 days i had the biggest plant ive ever grown and ran outta room, it was way larger than a Euforia photo mother bush i vegged for almost 3 months. I shoulda trained it, but i was pretty fascinated with how fast it grew and wanted to see how big itd get. You did an awesome job, im thinking i wanna try that strain too

• Like Like x 1
  6. lol yeah i thought im looking on a 60-70 days finisher but shiiiiit the bitch stretched like a mofo for a month... lol

7. I like having one or 2 super autos going along side the quick finishers. Ive got this Auto Ultimate on day 56, they go like 100-120 days...gonna be nuts...[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. wow brother they so similar in structure ud think we grow sisters... you can never tell though, as far as my experience go, if its a super auto or just a quick small one..

9. Yeah you have to read journals and logs, most breeders state the pheno with the shortest grow time

10. If you look at the seeds on a website, there should be a note that tells you what strains were mixed to create the plant. If it says ''ruderalis'', that means it's going to be an auto and one that doesnt take 90 days lol..

There are some ''autos'' that are just combined strains of stuff that finishes sooner and sometimes they work, but they aren't real autos. You can grow any strain you want as a normal seed and make it finish faster. Have a short veg and then flip it to flower. The ruderalis just makes it so they aren't light dependant.

• Like Like x 1
  11. so ill bump this one year old thread and say the high did let me down.. mediocre at most.. it had a nice smell to it but was tasteless..

overall to this auto NL 5/10
    it was difficult to grow
    encountered more defficincies / leaf problems then all plants grown ever..

and almost got my ass busted haha

nice experiment anyway
    i wont be doing any autos in the future... and overall took a big break after a big mess.. hit me up with q's would love to help any grower

12. Do you feel like you let it go too long? I have one I'm going to chop soon..its right 75 days now..I grew two..one was short and the smoke was an active high and euphoric..the last one I have is tall and leaning over top heavy..it's stinky..but I was wondering if I let it go longer will potency be better or the same?..to me they smoke like reggie..but the first did give good yields..I dont want to treat it like a princess if its just handmaid weed to begin with..they're done..so I guess ill chop..I need the space back in my room..shes flopping all over the place and blocking light for my other kids..so my question..letting it go longer didnt do anything for potency? Were the yields nicer at least?..did the 20+ more days stack on more weight?