99.9% free market

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gooch_Goblin69, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Why don't you respond to what I actually wrote, instead of making up false arguments?

2. I did. I even highlighted the pertinent parts of your post that I responded to. Why don't you go back and reread my actual post, instead of just responding without understanding what I wrote.

3. I don't think mowing kingmonkey's lawn qualifies as "education" even in the most third world of countries, so don't confuse labor with education.

The rest of your post was, again, just made up bullshit. Of course kids get taken advantage of. So that means we should take away child labor laws? 10 year olds are supposed to self-regulate themselves. Are you kidding me?

The ONLY people who benefit from child labor are the people who make money off of them. But, since you are a complete and utter mouthpiece for the richest of the rich, this latest argument doesn't surprise me in the least.

4. How are children being taken advantage of, if they willingly seek out jobs? Employment is voluntary, and if children are being FORCED to work against their will, then we have a real problem, but if a 10 year wants spending money, and goes and gets a job, who are you to say he can't?

5. From the Consumerist/NY Times

Profits Over Safety: Why E. Coli Still Makes Its Way Into Your Meat Supply
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/04/health/04meat.html?_r=1

2007 was right in the middle of President Bush's efforts to marginalize and deregulate the FDA. As proven again one year later with the outbreak of salmonella in peanut butter, companies do NOT always do what is right by the customer if it will eat into profits in any small way; even something like testing for e coli to make sure the people who eat their food don't get paralyzed.

I'm going to repeat one of the lines in the article again, because it should be the deathknell for any debate into libertarianism

The greed and contempt for human life in the way of profits is staggering.

6. psst, the conditions of child labor were set up so the children werent just earning spending money, they worked to help feed there family because factories wouldnt pay mommy and daddy enough to feed the whole family. they werent earning money for ye olde gameboy.

7. Oh man. Deathknell for any debate into libertarianism?
    What, only the government is smart enough to safely test foods?

Let private companies to testing/inspections.
    When people by their food, they can look on the package to see what company tested it.
    Has this company been approving food that is making people sick? Yes? Ok, better not by it.
    What about this company? Nobody seems to be getting sick from the food they have inspected. Ok, let's buy it.

Simple.

Oh and the only way to get food 100% safe is irradiation. Too bad the eco-nuts continually fight against it.

8. There is no reason to even respond to this. You are so out of line it's not even funny.

9. cunning responce. your input is invaluable.

10. Because you are ignorant of even basic economics, you twist peoples words and conjure up your own false arguments. Why should we respond to anything you say?

11. So what you're saying is to let our food processing and inspection be sorted out though trial and error, until then we'll just keep eating food made from every bit of ground up animal.

"Oh man, this ground beef killed me! I am sooo not going to buy it next time!"

12. Why are you people so fixated on child labor? No one here is even saying children should be working in the first place! We are arguing that, while it's certainly not the best thing in the world, a child has as much right to work as an adult does if they wanted to. Societal norms dictate that the proper place for children is in school. That wouldn't change if we got rid of minimum wage laws or child labor laws. Why you are arguing this is beyond me.

13. Because the USDA has done such a bang up job in monitoring producers. How many E. Coli outbreaks have there been in the past few years?

14. you mean in the past eight years, under one of the most neo-conservative presidents ever? you mean the eight years under the guy who basicly tried to deregulate the USDA, right?

Edit: this is your system in work, people. where is the private labs to verify our food safety? oh thats right, THEY DONT FUCKING EXIST! and if they did exist, they'd probley be owned by GE, or the meatpacking plant, or by DuPont.

15. He tried to deregulate the USDA? Never heard that one. You got any sources?

16. Does anyone here ever have sources?

Ok, wow. So during the Bush years the USDA weakened the label on organic vegitables, gagged states from speaking out on how unhealthy soda is, and said frozen french fries were fresh veggies.

He didn't get as far as most people here would have wanted, but he went farther then probably any other president before him.

Bush's USDA: Frozen Fries Are 'Fresh' Veggies
    USDA Urged to Reverse Bush-Era Gag Rule that Prevented Criticism of Soda ~ Newsroom ~ News from CSPI
    Bush Administration Actions that Weakened USDA Organic Label | Green Living Ideas

17. In this thread: Dozens of uneducated people repeating the same economic misconceptions with no factual or empirical evidence to support their claims, and a handful of people with economic backgrounds repeating themselves ad nauseam.

READ THIS AND UNDERSTAND:

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.’ But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. - Murray Rothbard

18. Whats your background, Mr. Children should be able to work in a factory?
    Where are your sources?

Better yet, for all of you who are so deadset on a complete, 100% free market, why dont you do everyone a favor and move to the most free market paradise i can envision,

Somolia!

Mater of fact, i will personaly pay for any invisible hander's plane ticket, and 1000 dollars US cash who agrees to move there.

19. You're continually misrepresenting fact, and our positions, it's honestly a waste of time arguing with a person of your intellectual midgetry. Let me know when you can debate without relying on hyperbolic reductio ad absurdum's (among other logical fallacies).

20. #100 TheDudeAbides, Oct 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2009

So you're going to take your ball and go home?

BTW, still waiting on those sources or qualifications.