95 degrees bad?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Iquitdrinking, Jun 3, 2018.

1. 400w MH
    2x3x5 grow tent
    2 fans
    4 WW feminized

Will be purchasing my carbon filter + fan soon. But is their anything I can do to help lower my temp + raise humidity temporarily?

[​IMG]l

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. #2 Dogma1102, Jun 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    If its 95 in your tent, just imagine how hot it is under your bottle domes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Need to get some cool air pumping in there. Once your get that carbon filter in there it will create a vacuum, you should then also get some ducting through one of the holes in the tent to suck in cool air. I actually have a duct running up to the AC vent in the room, with an inline fan on the other end to suck the cool air in (I have have two inline fans sucking in cool air, but only one is coming directly from my AC vent.

Pics show my ducting coming in, only one of the fans is pictured, the other one is in the back behind the girls and it's kind of hard to get my chubby butt back there to get a picture of it. The picture on the top of the tent is my exhaust duct, pointing to the other side of the room from the intake.
    The hygrometers are placed in tow separate spots, one is in the shade to show me roughly what the root temperatures are like, and the other is in the light to get an idea of air temperature.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thanks dude!

I’ll now be thinking of a way to get cold air in there! Can be tough for me at this time since I don’t have a vent in my storage room.

I temporarily dropped my lights to 70% from 100%, and lowered the light to compensate. It seemed to work with the heat level, just hoping it doesn’t stress out my plants or confuse them.

5. Damn, no AC vent is going to make it pretty hard. What I was doing while I waited for my carbon filter was I opened one of the large flaps on the bottom and pointed a big fan into it to push in some cool air. That and leaving the tent open, but the room I have the tent in is ducted, so for you it's going to be a little tougher.

One thing you could do, I don't know if it's very effective or anything but, you could put ice cubes on the soil to bring the root temperature down and hopefully prevent root rot in those conditions. May help some, plus as it evaporates it will evaporate lower temperature moisture into the air.

• Like Like x 1
  6. They are just little girls, unless it's a privacy thing just open your tent up and blow a fan in. There is no need for a carbon filter at that stage, you have to stick your nose on them to smell them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Very true, I really just wanted mine beforehand to help with the air circulation.

8. Hey thanks dude, is not a privacy thing at all. Will be doing this from here forward until I get my filter and fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk