95 accord cb7 won't turn over?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by 88k5BLAZER, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Ello blades. I know a lot about American muscle, and nothing about foreign tuners haha.

Recently, me and my brother took his cb7 on a cruise through the back roads, going around 60-70 on tight turns and what not. He was slowing down in neutral, goin around 30-35 and put it into 3rd, car shook really really bad after 3-4 seconds in gear but it was a perfect downshift. He put it back into neutral and cruised down the road for a few hundred feet and let it idle, and then it just died. No warning, no seizing, just shut down in the blink of an eye. He tried to turn it over and it wouldn't start, and air backfired through the intake.

We replaced the spark plugs thinking they blew, (they were pitch black). Now, the motor will crank and almost turn over. It sputters and really wants to start, but won't make it over. I'm thinking he slipped the timing belt, or maybe his injectors are clogged ? I've never seen a motor cut out so quick and then crank but not turn.. if it helps the motor is an f22a swap.

Car doesn't throw any codes either, no warning lights, nothing. Tricky foreign POS.. any help ?

2. Any way you can check the fuel pressure?

3. Those cars have an interference engine...meaning if the timing belt breaks or slips the valves will hit the tops of the pistons, bending them...might want to start looking for a cyl head....

4. if he was flooring it out of the turns, it may have been the timing slipping. if its a manual you can try to push start it. if it still doesn't go over, i'd say its timing. or injector cloggage like what was said but its odd to happen without any codes.

but yeah check that fuel pressure. did the rpms drop to the hundreds during the shaking? also, a backfire through the intake may fry any MAP or MAF sensors which could cause the car to not be able to turn over entirely.

so yes, check fuel pressure and the sensors. should be easy enough. try to push start it first tho

5. Finally figured it out. After some diagnosis he blew the rotor in the distributer. 15$ fix :) thanks blades.

6. Well, I'm happy it got sorted after only 5 posts....

7. I own a junkyard and have a bunch of used parts esp for early 90's to current hondas.

If anyone ever needs any parts please feel free to hit me up, id be more than happy to ship, and i have a parts locator system where i can get any part you would ever need for much cheaper than your local shop

8. Glad it was cheap to fix!

Any chance you have a set of tail lights for a 90-91 Honda civic sedan? Has to be those years, the 88-89 lights will work but they look like shit.

9. check the cam sensor