92 Year Old Woman killed in shootout

Discussion in 'General' started by DirtyPete, Nov 22, 2006.

1. http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=2672083

So three plainclothed narcotics agents stormed into this lady's house with a warrent, and she panicked and started shooting at them. She hit all three of them before they shot and killed her.

Supposedly it's a case of mistaken identity, and all of this was completely uncecessary. They didn't say anything in the article about finding drugs in her house.

I don't know who's side to take on this one, on the one side she was 92 years old and three guys not dressed as police officers break into her house. On the other side these guys had a warrent and she started shooting at them.

This is just such a shitty situation, it sucks for all parties involved.

2. Wow that's fucked up.

3. I'm with her. Never said why she had a gun and one readily available but people busting in like that should probably be capped unless they were obviously police.

4. same here...

how did she know they weren't robbers or something?

5. And 92... Even if they did yell they had a warrent or something I can hardly hold a conversation with my grandma who's 80 and has a hearing aid.

6. Yeah...

Sounds like she was one hell of a good shot too.

7. i wish you could just get a second by second, legit recap of this, because each sentence is baised by somone, and its a really interesting although very sad situation

8. Shit, this was the grandmother from the Beverly Hillbillies!

9. i wish that lady was my grandma. she went down like a real hero.

it's awesome that she got all 3 before they got her.

10. I think something really weird is going on here... Why would an old lady have a gun so close by and be able to hit 3 cops so easily? Why did they have a search warrant in the first place for that house?

"As the plainclothes Atlanta police officers approached the house about 7 p.m., a woman inside started shooting, striking each of them, said Officer Joe Cobb"

She started shooting them before they were even at her door? Sounds like such a bad situation for both the old lady and the 3 cops. That organization who said this is police brutality is full of shit. The cops just got shot by her of course they are going to shoot her back to protect themselves and each other...

11. What we have here is a lack of communication.

12. Thats sad :(

13. dude if your a paranoiad 92 yr old woman living in atlanta, you'd probaly keep a gun in your house too, atlanta isnt exactly known for its safety, you don't sleep with your door unlocked in atlanta. its awesome that the old lady hit all 3, disguisting that they killed her though. there are plenty of false raids that go down every day in america, theres an article in an issue of playboy about false raids, and then theres like 6 "example stories" i.e. scenarios were cops ended up killing people, much like this 92 yr old woman, who didn't deserve to die. its rediculous, the article was very well written and basically left me feeling nothing but disguist over the use of tactical sqauds in america today.