60 watts of organic goodness

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by FunTimeGrowHap, Aug 6, 2016.

1. ya I got ya you put the carbon before or after your fan goin out.

2. fan is mounted in the box, filter on the end of it. Air sucks in through the filter and then gets spit out the exhaust hole.

3. I noticed that you do a lot with crab, clam, oyster ect. I too grind my alfalfa hay for meal, but I was wondering if you had a good method of pulverizing your shells. I do ok with crab shells as I can use a blender. Same for the seaweed I collect from the bay. Clams and oysters kick my butt so I just gave up trying. Thanks!

B61

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ya man! Let the oyster shells sit outside for a while, they get really crumbly. Never tried clam shells.

5. Finally made the thing happen. Nice canopy for such a little cheap set-up. Pics up in a second

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. We've been having some issues uploading pictures on GC lately. You may need to reduce the file size by 50% to get them to upload.

7. #27 FunTimeGrowHap, Feb 5, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2023

8. #28 FunTimeGrowHap, Feb 5, 2023
    Last edited: May 18, 2023
    Two weeks at 20/4, 13 days at 12/12. This is one of Swami's early Neville's Haze deals.

The program is mostly sub irrigated with softened well water. Occasional rye sprout teas. Occasional nettle FPE. Neem sprayed a couple of times....gonna squeeze in one more tomorrow before dropping all sprays and crossing fingers. Also going to start working in popcorn sprout teas. LST but no topping.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Looking good. I have a critical kush going under 85 watts of LED. I usually use that little light and 2x2 tent for seed runs. I was curious what others grow using lower wattage lights.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. the old 1990s cfl array works well up to 240v (11x23w) after that it be cheaper to buy in a 250w hps, watt per watt
    that said I recently outed the cfl';s in favor of household leds, rip the plastic dome of for better ppfd
    yes we use u=mols and ppfd etc playing with led lighting ..more sht to learn ..see Bugbee at YT

as a note your soil is commendable but then you cut yourself short on lighting ...consider?

good luck

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. #31 FunTimeGrowHap, Feb 5, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    Absolutely appreciated. I haven't ran a tiny tiny grow since 15 years ago or so. I'm just doing what I remember and I knew someone would have some more modern lighting advice for me. I will be running some household LEDs soon.

Ya man. I have no clue what I am doing with light with this lol. Just running some shit I remember from my last micro. My old rig of choice was an analogue HPS ballast pushing ceramic metal halide.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I purchased the 85 watt led for around $49.00 on amazon. It's worked great for several seed runs and this flowering cycle so far.

• Like Like x 1
  13. #34 FunTimeGrowHap, Feb 6, 2023
    This cutting seems to behanging tough. I made a tea with fresh aloe, chopped a little shoot with a fresh razor blade, and let it sit overnight in the juice. Next day she moved into a peat pellet in a sealed container to hold in humidity. The lower leaves were touching the sides of the container and she was showing signs of fungal rot on the tips that were drenched in condensation. Chopped those right off. I really need to use a proper rig for ma cuttings.
    cutting.jpg

• Like Like x 1

14. That MIGRO unit seems cool, but i still haven't delved into the subject enough to have my own opinion. My footprint in the little micro rig is only 18"x18" and that snazzy LED looks like total overkill. I am interested in that 60 watt amazon deal above, but it seems like a step back from my 92 watt CFL.

I can't over-emphasize how tiny the space is lol.

• Like Like x 1
  15. This is the LED I have in one of my small 2x2 tents. It is dimmable. It would work better than your current cfl in my opinion.

BLOOMSPECT SL600 LED Grow Light with Samsung LEDs, Dimmable Full Spectrum Commercial Growing Lights with Reflector Hood 2x2ft Flower Coverage for Indoor Plants Seeding Veg & Bloom, 250pcs LEDs

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks for chiming in, bro! I am planning on digging in to the subject deeper and finalizing my choice soon. I have been working long hours and too many normies have been wandering through my office to really get to work. Listening to metal and reggae all day isn't helping me with the squares.

• Like Like x 2
  17. When I was researching a small light for the 2x2 just to grow out some seed plants. I choose the Bloomspec because others here had used them without issues other than the dimmer not really doing anything after the 60% mark. 0-60% on the dimmer is light off to max of light. That light also uses Samsung diodes. Something many of the cheaper lights do not use. Good luck with your search. I'll follow along to learn what ever I can from your grow.

• Like Like x 1
  18. #39 FunTimeGrowHap, Feb 6, 2023
    Appreciate the details.

I have plenty of strong opinions about media, nutrition, and microbial activity, but anything I could teach has already been layed down all over the posts in the organic section from around 2012. Unless you have some basic geology questions, I doubt you will learn much here

:icgreen:

Now I wait for nugs to grow and ripen.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I'm always seem to learn something from the grows I watch.