92 Watt Micro Cabinet Grow (Another CFL Grow!)

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by frostedkush, Feb 9, 2011.

1. nice setup bro!!!!!

2. hey everyone, sorry for no updates in a while, but i ran into some stealth issues and had to stay on the down low for a bit, germination starts once again.. on the march 1st.

heres an update on the box though, changed things up, and there is no longer a utility section, and the exhaust goes straight out of the box.

DSC00538.jpg

3. Well sucks to hear you have to start all over. But on the plus side now you can run temp tests and change stuff around in your box till you get the temps and everything just right.

Biggest lesson i have learned so far.

PLAN BEFORE YOU PLANT.

Built final veg/mother box this week. And have 2 plants flowering and a 3rd confirmed female being saved as a mother. Should stop by the journal if i you get a chance.

4. lookin good man, and glad to here on your luck. i definately wish i did more planning in the beginning so i wouldnt have to restart so many times.

5. god knows how many times that i have taken down and rebuilt that box over and over before this final time. Still have some tweaking and final building to do on the inside of it. Have to sit down and figure out how i am going to do the venting and wiring of the whole setup when the bigger box gets added next to it.

6. Can't wait for the girls

7. It really doesn't have to be twice as big. Really it should just be at least the same size. Anything smaller is going to restrict airflow and anything bigger really isn't going to help anything. The air can only move as fast as the exhaust fan and size of exhaust allows it to.

8. so i have been running test temps before planting again so that i have everything planned out and perfect so i dont shit the bed on growing again, and after 12 hours with 4 lights on i had a temperature of 34.5 celcius or 94.1 fahrenheit. how would those temperatures affect my grow? right now i am running another 12 hour test with 3 bulbs and i will post those temps tomorrow. i have been looking at getting a higher cfm, and came across a 4" 100 cfm axial fan, how loud are those things? other than that can anyone recommend how many cfm fan i should use for this cab, with a carbon scrubber? my cab dimensions are 29" x 13 3/4" x 10 1/16" and i would like to use 4, 23 watt cfls. thanks to anyone with advice :wave:

9. you can check out inline ducting fans at home depot... they are in a blue and green box and come in 4 inch 6 inch and i think maybe 8 inch fans... its simple to wire up with a 3 prong cord all you need is some wire nuts... it is completely quiet and puts computer fans to shame...

10. do you have any idea how much they are? doesnt say on the site.

11. i got a 4 in for bout 20$

12. alright thanks for the help, ill call them tomorrow or go in myself.

13. well home depot here doesnt carry duct fans

14. uhh what? thats where i got mine... its an inline duct fan

15. did you get yours in the US? im in canada. and checked both canadian and american home depot websites, and inline duct fans only showing up on the US site.

16. im in the U.S. so i guess they dont have them then ? thats weird

17. i think that would work

18. hey everyone, well under my current setup i did another 12 hour test with 3 bulbs, and got a reading of 31.7 celcius, 89.1 fahrenheit. from what i heard the absolute maximum is 90 fahrenheit, so im gonna go ahead and start my grow, and hopefully i get a new fan sometime soon, and bring temps down to an optimal level. germination starts AGAIN tonight at 10 pm.

19. 6 seeds sat in a shotglass for 12 hours and all dropped, and now are in the paper towel method, untill they get some tap roots. :D