...?!

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by LordSpider, Oct 5, 2011.

1. I germinated 4 seeds 1 NL 1 WW and 1 bag seed sprouted.

The NL and WW are growing fine I think but the bag seed seems to be showing a deficiency.

They are all planted in Gold Label Special Mix Substrates Custom. I was given a bag of this stuff by my grow shop and was told it was 80/20 hydroton/coco.
    I read the back of the bag and on their web site Gold Label Special Mix Substrates and they say that they put nutrients in the mix. I am not sure about it however I did run some RO water through the mix and tested the run off and it did have a fair amount of dissolved solids ~.6 EC in it.

Before planting I flushed the mix with RO water until the run off measured a low TDS.

the pictures I have attached I took a few minutes ago and I have been feeding them with RO water with GH Nova Bloom, Botanicare CalMag and every other day Botanicare Aquashield.
    I have upped the nutrients twice and have mixed a third batch even higher.
    the first batch I put 1ml of NB and 2.5ml CM into 1 gallon of RO Water and it came out to be ~.5 EC
    Batch 2 I mixed up 2ml of NB and 2.5ml CM into 1 gallon it worked out to be ~.7 EC
    Batch 3 that I haven't fed them with yet is 3ml NB and 3ml CM in 1 gallon it works out to be ~1.1 EC

I started the seed on 09/15/11 and they sprouted on 09/18/11. They were germinated in peat pellets, once they sprouted I put them in the hydroton/coco mix that I flushed thoroughly.

I hand water with drain to waste, I water twice a day once when the lights come on and once about half way through the light cycle.

So my question to the city is, What the heck is going on with my BS why are the leaves yellow?

2. Had to send pics from my phone...

Attached Files:

3. 95 reads and nobody has an answer? well I upped the nutrients even more (4ml of both NovaBloom and CalMag) and the BS seems to be getting better but there is still some yellowing on the tips of the newest leaves and at the same time there is a tiny bit of nute-burn on a single serration of one of the older leaves...

I transplanted them into some 1 gal fabric "Air-pots" using the same growing medium and placed them under my 600w MH/HPS conv bulb the hood is just over 4ft from the tops of the plants so I'm hoping that is far enough not to stress them from too much light.

Because of the tiny nute-burn on the one leaf I backed down to 3ml/g of NovaBloom and kept the CalMag at 4ml/g

here's hoping that they take off quickly

4. I can't give you any advice on your problem unfortunately, but I do have a piece of advice (and an explanation as to why u got no replies yet) - when opening a new topic, try and give it a meaningful title, something that will entice fellow users to help out or have a read after seeing it. It's extremely unlikely that a lot of people will read, let alone reply in a topic entitled "...?!".

I can guarantee you that most of those 95 reads were just clicks to see wtf "...?!" stands for and those users left 3 seconds later.

Good luck with your plants, hope someone helps you out.

5. Well, thank you for your advice jo1. I will keep it in mind next time I start a thread.

6. the yellowing would lead me to believe it needs more N. being its a bag seed, the chances of you having alot more problems w/ it in the future are very high.

7. id assume needs more N as well, however the older leaf sets lack yellow tips. however i can tell what the yellowing down the veins is.

8. In my previous experience with GH floranova bloom, Ive never used less than 5ml per gallon, but that was in soil and dwc bubble buckets. I think yellowing from the back to the front could be from a sulfur deficiency, but she could just be hungry, being a bag seed of unknown genetics, she could be a heavy feeder. Ive flowered plants from seed after 4 weeks in soil that would take 5+ml per gallon.

http://forum.grasscity.com/sick-plants-problems/246040-deficency-nute-burn-pics.html

http://forum.grasscity.com/sick-plants-problems/49086-plant-abuse-chart.html

9. thanks for the responses I was thinking N as well... I have been adjusting the nutrients and it does seem to be a heavy feeder...