Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

91% rubbing alcohol (glass cleaning)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by NotoriousBLP, Aug 9, 2013.

1. So for all of you 420 cleaner users out there.. Stop spending so much $$$ and head down to your local store to pick up some 91% (or higher if they carry it) rubbing alcohol for like 3 bucks! I tried it yesterday and it made by bong SPOTLESS quick. Just trying to save everyone some money

2. #2 zzxq90, Aug 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2013
    Especially if you can get a pipe cleaner in those hard spots.

3. Oh yeah and if you want to smoke the resin from your bong, just pour it into a glass pan and make iso/resin hash from it.

It works.

4. #4 Ratio, Aug 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2013
    Yeah honestly any 90% or higher isopropyl, sea salt, warm water, and shaking like a mother fuck always gets my glass sparking clean. and if not Simple Green does wonders for the spots you can't reach. 

5. It's the best way to clean, and probably the only way to properly clean a bong. Salt and alcohol, that is all you need. The bong cleaning formula work's well too, but it's pricey. Nothing beat's a bottle of ISO and kosher salt. 

6. I didn't know anyone cleaned any other way. 99% iso is all I've ever used, surprised me at how well it worked the first time. My glass pipe was see through again! 

• Like Like x 1
  7. I just throw some ISO and coarse sea salt in by bong and shake that bitch up for a while. Makes it spotless.

8. Something I did once;

-Normal rubbing alcohol (from Dollar store)
    - I mixed salt and,
    - recycled orange peels me and my friend ate a day earlier.

Mix, shake, pour, shake again leave for a half an hour or more, I left it for 3 hours, shake a little more, wash with warm water, clean nicely and let air dry....

The orange gives it a nice smell and has natural chemicals that help a bit too with cleaning.

-Sent via-Samsung G3 using Grasscity Android App.