90's sports cars?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by NebDro, May 7, 2011.

1. Wow, looks nice, kinda NSX'y like. Stats on the car?

2. specs and shit? i was looking at wrx's and saw this.
    1992 SUBARU SVX AWD
    i might fux wit it.

3. I like my 240sx :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHYGRi_5HlM[/ame]

4. The SVX used the EG33 3.3l flat six, naturally aspirated, rated at about 230hp. Not super powerful, but it's basically a Porsche engine, and it has the same mounts as an EJ series, so a WRX swap is not out of the question. They were, however, only available with automatics, so if you want a manual you'll have to swap in a WRX or STi tranny. Thankfully, the bellhousing on the EG is the same as the EJ.

5. integra
    crx
    eclipse maybe

6. get a honda civic!! they got ALOT of potential!!!

7. Don't get a civic. The thread title said sports cars, not econo boxes

8. LOL @ suggestions [​IMG]

9. my first car was a civic. it sucked. it is made for people who hate driving and just care about mpgs.

i now have an ls1 camaro (98-02). i dont know if it is strictly a sports car, but it is fast as hell and i love it
    here are the pros and cons:
    pro:
    fast
    really fast
    can be modified cheaply to be even faster
    cheap
    looks great from any angle but the front
    sounds great
    EPA 27 mpg highway!
    fast

cons
    ricers think that their cars handle better [and they are right! :( ]

i really like it and for the $3k i paid for it nothing else comes close.

10. if u drop a k22 or any type of other engine in it u cant call it a "econo box"

11. Don't buy a miata if you're a guy... because thats pretty homosexual, unless you are homosexual which in that case I don't have a problem with you or any other homosexuals, just saying it's pretty gay..

12. Then it's called a waste of time&money because its still a civic and still FWD.

13. Nice. That's a great looking car; Duster? I'm a huge fan of sleepers. Due to such, I've owned both these model of car - 90's era sleepers.

'95 Taurus SHO
    To hear the Yamaha engine roar in these babies is like having an orgasm when you hit 4400RPM and hear those secondaries open. Stock a SHO from '89-'95 will easily do a 14.4 in the 1/4 mile and there are plenty of bolt ons. Plus you can comfortably carry five people, have AC, Cruise Control and all the goodies. I still miss mine, a lot. Stock for stock, they'll outrun Foxbody Mustangs of the same year.
    [​IMG]

89-96 Thunderbird Supercoupe
    Beautiful cars. Also owned one of these with basic bolt ons that was dyno'd at 230HP and 345Ft Lbs to the rear wheels. These things are torque machines; they come with a 3.8L V6 stock supercharged and holy shit do they haul ass. After I had a syncro go out on my 5-speed tranny, my friends and I swapped in a built AOD automatic 4-speed and it made the car even quicker. Shifting into second gear, the AOD would bark the tires at WOT. This is even at 6000Ft elevation where I'm losing quite a bit of power. This car was an absolute beast; the only thing I hated about it was that it was a coupe; a coupe just isn't practical and I much prefer a sedan. Also stock for stock they will outrun a Foxbody.

[​IMG]
    What I drive now (not mine)
    96 Accord

[​IMG]
    It's bone stock. It's not fast, but it gets the job done. I can't complain about a comfortable ride, comfortable seats, low maintenance and 30MPG. When I can again afford to have a fast car, I will. But right now, I'm enjoying not having to dump gas into it constantly. :D

I should mention, the two Ford's above will keep insurance down. They're worth about as much as normal Taurii and Thunderbirds and the insurance looks at them the same, so you're paying for a grandma car when you actually have a very quick sleeper.

14. Fuck you and the non-miata you drove in on.

15. I've really heard nothing but good things about the miata...I just could never own one. I need a big heavy v8

16. LS# swap :rolleyes:

17. #58 JfmfBL90, May 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yes. Just don't try screwing in the back seats...

18. #59 Spacepope, May 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2011
    I went to a school that owned 2 Gen4 Camaro drag race cars. If you get an engine builder who knows what he's doing, you can get 700hp EASILY out of an LS1. The orange Camaro was 1062HP on-motor. (no power adders)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltYLS_KZQV8&feature=channel_video_title]YouTube - ‪LSX All Motor SAM Camaro SS 8.23 @ 164 School of Automotive Machinists‬‏[/ame]

Now THIS I can get behind. Miatas are awesome. :smoke:

Also, for your viewing pleasure, the Isuzu Impulse RS, with suspension engineered by Lotus!

[​IMG]

19. You're right, the second you sit in a Miata you instantly turn into a slobbering gay homosexual.

[​IMG]